Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 10 years ago

How Can I Be apart Of the MIP for Delta Sigma Theta?

I am not a student at a University, I am currently getting my Pharmacy Tech License, and I have want to be apart of The MIP process, and I have did alot of Research and I have seen alot of questions and answers but I still have this one question, is there a way I will be able to get invited to join the sisterhood with out being in college or having a degree, becoming a Delta has always been in my heart and I have done some much research and alot of reading, it is my passion and I am Financially equiped to support my Sisterhood and also Support the Community, but from what I have seen there seems to be no way for me to become apart of the MIP process, if there is something that I am over looking then please inform me because me and my heart are ready to become apart of the unity and bondage of the Delta Sigma Theta inc.My aunt is a active member of Delta Sigma Theta in Alabama, but I live in Richmond VA, and I have wanted to go down and go to meeting with her so bad but I know I am not aloud, If you can give as much information as possible as to how I would go about becoming a Delta Sigma Theta..

Thank You

Terri

Favorite Answer

Your only option is to return full time to a 4 year accredited college. At this time you could pursue membership if they have a chapter. The other option is after obtaining a degree you would be eligible to apply to a graduate chapter, provided you meet the other requirements.

Delta Sigma Theta does not have any type of "friends of" or associated women's groups as the Zeta Phi Beta women have.

Source(s): Diamond Life Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.

In order to become a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc on the undergraduate level you must be enrolled in an acreditted college or university where you are pursuing a bachelor's degree. Women can also join after they attain their bachelor's degree in an Alumnae/Graduate Chapter. Women who are in community college or do not posess a degree or aren't currently pursuing one wouldn't be eligible for membership. This is the same for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc and Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. My mother is a member of Zeta Phi Beta and her sorority has something called Amicae. The Amicae consists of women who are "friends" of Zeta and support them in their community service and events. The Amicae consists of women who didn't attain degrees, but aspire to the ideals of Zeta. Maybe Delta has something similar.

Source(s): My mom is a member of a BGLO

As the ladies before me answered in more details, simply put the answer to this question: "is there a way I will be able to get invited to join the sisterhood with out being in college or having a degree," is no.

Source(s): Aspirant of a NPHC sorority.

hi