How Do I Allow Only Certain Computers To Access my Wireless Router?

How Do I Allow Only Certain Computers To Access my Wireless Router? How can I allow only specific computers to access my router? Or how can I block unwanted computers so they don't have access to my internet?

We have a Belkin router F5D7234-4 v1000...

Favorite Answer

What you are describing MAC address filtering. That way, you'll have to specify the MAC of every computer that will connect to your wireless... Any others will get rejected as soon as they connect.

It's not 100% secure, because the MAC code of someone's computer (adapter, technically) can be changed... but they'd have to know what to change it to.

The MAC code looks like FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF. With 0-9, and A-F making up the code.

The router will probably already have your computers' MACs listed to save you looking them up.

If you only want specific PEOPLE to access it, then use WEP/WPA/WPA2 passkeys and give them to whoever you want.

"S" provides the sumptuous strategies. It feels like a lot to do, yet that's in simple terms how that's. notice that techniques to apply MAC address filtering are incorrect: Mac addresses are on the front end of packets, consequently un-encrypted & easily copied and used to 'spoof' packets; permitting a 'guy interior the midsection' assaults. end giving the PW on your roomie. You pay the bill, genuine?

make it a secure network with a wep key,if they don't know the key they can't access it.