Help with my book?!?!?!?

I wanted to write a book that takes place in England in which a girl's younger sister is ill with leukemia. The family can't afford medical treatment. But, I just found out that in England, you're not supposed to pay for leukemia treatment. Do you think I should make the money-hungry doctor lie? Also, how much do you think he should charge? I think 3000 pounds but I'm honestly not sure. I want it to be a really big amount. Thanks!

I don't live in England, but my book does. The year will be recent. 2011?

Favorite Answer

Why don't you just switch you setting to another country, one you know more about?

If you don't want to do this, the money hungry doctor sounds great. I'm sure there are plenty of them out there. However, you might how to patch up some of the holes in plot, then. Why don't these people go to another doctor? Do they know leukemia treatment should be free? Is this a well known fact in England? Then you might want to do some research on English currency to come up with a high price. Even better, you could speak to someone from England. Might want to think about these questions before you begin writing.

I'm writing a book, too! I love how many other people on here are, as well. You should check mine out. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgG3h...

That sounds like it will be a good book, and the money hungry Doctor sounds alright but if you lived in england wouldn't you know ur not supposed to pay?? And what year will it take place in? maybe if you answer those it might help you decide

well i think that 3000 pounds would not be a good amount in today's market, but if this was in a time such as the 19th century (1800-1899) that would be a fair amount that only some of the richer working class workers could afford. so it all depends on the time line of your story.

i hope that helps :)