Your guitar wishlist?

Hey, bassists and guitarists. I'm curious which guitars/basses would you ask for, or perhaps have in mind to get eventually. You can name as many as you want (as guitar lovers, we would like dozens of them; still, let's try not to surpass 20 to be more realistic... lol), with any price (could be a cheap one if you think you should get THAT guitar too). It can be only guitars, only basses or both.

Oh, and perhaps you wanna share which ones you have already, just to get to know your current arsenal (and make me jealous in the process).

I have a modest collection of two: a MIM '10 Fender Standard Jazz Bass and a '10 Epiphone G400 guitar.

My wishlist would be (so far):

BASS

- Musicman Sterling Ray

- Fender Highway Jazz Bass

- 5 string bass (Ibanez SR5005 or Fender Jazz)

- Fretless bass (a Fender Jazz or Precision)

- Ibanez SR800

- Steinberger XS-15FPA Custom

- Kramer D-1

GUITAR

- Gibson SG Standard, Special or Angus Young Signature

- GIbson Les Paul Goldtop or Studio Wine Red

- Fender Standard Telecaster

- Gibson 7-string Explorer

Update:

@Gilbert Zala - Yeah, I know, man. I also would think of at least 10 more basses/ guitars I would like to get. But those I listed are also off the top of my head.

Update 2:

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention my previous guitar. It was an Epiphone Les Paul Special II (just sold it). Good enough to begin learning, but now I'm kinda beginner-intermediate, going more and more towards intermediate, I needed a more versatile guitar. Hence, the SG.

Update 3:

@ Ivan - I know Squier Affinity are basically stringed garbage. But what would you think about a standard Squier Tele (I tried one who was about $300 Canadian, and wasn't that bad IMHO)? Although I think I'd rather spend a few more to get a MIM Fender Standard Tele... probably it's way better, but I haven't tried either Squier nor Fender guitars. But is it worth the extra money?

Update 4:

@ OU812 - Thanks, man. It's good to know one doesn't have to break the pocket to get a decent guitar. I will consider the Classic Vibe Tele for a next guitar.

Update 5:

@ EVERYONE - Thanks for your replies. I might add some of your choices to my own wishlist. Since there is not "right" or "best" answer for this question, I can't choose one, so I'm gonna put this in voting soon.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I Own...:

-Black Epiphone SG G400 With Seymour Duncan SH-8's

-Taylor Dreadnought Acoustic

-Black Silvertone SRK1 (SG Copy) With single Seymour Duncan SH-8 (neck P-up gone) and custom ebony Warmoth 24 fret neck with cross inlays(My first guitar ,now heavily modified, custom paint job soon :D)

-Red Jackson Warrior With EMG 81-85...

Equip(who cares I'll Put' em anyway!)..:

-Peavey 6505+ Head with 2x12 DIY Cab W/ Celestion seventy 80's

-Mini Line 6 Spider (Lil' Portable Terror)

-Peavey Vypyr 75 (For weekend giggin' lml)

-Line 6 POD HD500

-Marshall AVT-50 Combo

I Wish...:

-Gibson EDS-1275(OMG Must Have IT!)

-Dean Dime Razorback Rebel

-Epiphone Prophecy SG EX

-Jackson RR1

-Gibson SG Custom With 3 EMG P'ups

Former Guitars:

-Black Squier Telecaster Affinity (YUCK O.O)

-Epiphone Les Paul 100 Sunburst

-White Ibanez RG3EXFM1

• OU812
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

The main guitars I'd really like to add to my collection right now would be a Gibson Custom Shop Johnny A Signature and an SG Elegant Quilt Top. Wouldn't mind having a Taylor 814CE either. I have 8 currently and going past 10 is just too many to play and keep in tune for me. Squier does actually make some decent guitars. The standard Squier's are pretty darn good guitars for the money and the Classic Vibes are better than most guitars costing twice as much. I have an MIM Tele and seriously the Classic Vibe Squier is a little better in my opinion. You have to play one to believe it. It is about $130 less than the MIM Tele. I do love my MIM though, don't get me wrong.

• ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Bass

Fender Jazz

Fender Precision

Guitar

Gibson SG

Gibson Les Paul

Gibson Explorer

Gibson Double Neck

Dean Flying V

B.C.Rich Warlock

B.C.Rich Warbeast

• 10 years ago

Guitar:

PRS Mikael Akerfeldt Signature

A cherry red Fender Strat

A new acoustic... I'm thinking an Avalon

Bass:

Gibson Thunderbird FTW!

Gibson SG Bass

Source(s): MY MIND
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Guitar:

-Mayones Regius 8

-Mayones Regius PERFECT

-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

-Ibanez RG8 (8 String)

-Gibson Les Paul Silverburst

-PRS Torrerro

-PRS Mikael Akerfeldt Custom

-Mayones Elements Water

Bass:

-Rickenbacker 4003

-Steinberger

-Musicman Stingray

Thats not all. Just off the top of my head.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Guitar:

Danelectro DC-59

Rickenbacker 330

Martin D-28

Rickenbacker 620

And more importantly, Bass:

Rickenbacker 4001

Fender Mustang Bass

Eccleshall 335

• 10 years ago

For guitar Fender Standard Telecaster

I am not a bassist - no preferred guitar

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.