Shelly
Shelly asked in PetsBirds · 10 years ago

how to stop this behavior?

I have a young Senegal named Alice. she is I believe 10weeks old and has started kicking her pellets out of her food dish. at first i thought that the dish is too big so i got her a smaller one and she still manages to do it though with difficulty. Any advice? I offer Fruits and veggies with birdie bread in the mornings and she doesn't kick that out of the dish.

even with the birdie bread and fruits in her cage she will eat her pellets iv went through 1/4 bag of pellets in three days. all the pellets she kicks out most end up on the floor and the dogs eat it.

Favorite Answer

She wants the veggies and birdie bread! I would stop giving her the veggies and stuff every day and make her eat the pellets instead. Just keep filling the dishes up and after a while she will be so hungry she will just eat it.

• tfloto

I would add to J Bone's answer. That first start with an empty dish except only a few pellets. Birds are messy and like to throw things around so if you put very many pellets in after she eats the rest become amusing toys for her. Birds of all ages go through phases doing this. They wont throw away food if they're hungry.

I agree with them just give pellets.