Question about the Human soul !!!!?

Is it born in the womb if not then where?

Update:

Edit:

Judy and Charlie: My question is where. Is it preborn?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

You may remember that the Bible was originally written mainly in Hebrew and Greek. When writing about the soul, the Bible writers used the Hebrew word ne′phesh or the Greek word psy·khe′. These two words occur well over 800 times in the Scriptures, and the New World Translation consistently renders them “soul.” When you examine the way “soul” or “souls” is used in the Bible, it becomes evident that this word basically refers to (1) people, (2) animals, or (3) the life that a person or an animal enjoys.

Bible writers used the Hebrew word ru′ach or the Greek word pneu′ma when writing about the “spirit.” The Scriptures themselves indicate the meaning of those words. For instance, Psalm 104:29 states: “If you [Jehovah] take away their spirit [ru′ach], they expire, and back to their dust they go.” And James 2:26 notes that “the body without spirit [pneu′ma] is dead.” In these verses, then, “spirit” refers to that which gives life to a body. Without spirit, the body is dead. Therefore, in the Bible the word ru′ach is translated not only as “spirit” but also as “force,” or life-force. For example, concerning the Flood in Noah’s day, God said: “I am bringing the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force [ru′ach] of life is active from under the heavens.” (Genesis 6:17; 7:15, 22) “Spirit” thus refers to an invisible force (the spark of life) that animates all living creatures.

The soul and the spirit are not the same. The body needs the spirit in much the same way as a radio needs electricity—in order to function. To illustrate this further, think of a portable radio. When you put batteries in a portable radio and turn it on, the electricity stored in the batteries brings the radio to life, so to speak. Without batteries, however, the radio is dead. So is another kind of radio when it is unplugged from an electric outlet. Similarly, the spirit is the force that brings our body to life. Also, like electricity, the spirit has no feeling and cannot think. It is an impersonal force. But without that spirit, or life-force, our bodies “expire, and back to their dust they go,” as the psalmist stated.

Speaking about man’s death, Ecclesiastes 12:7 states: “The dust [of his body] returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the spirit itself returns to the true God who gave it.” When the spirit, or life-force, leaves the body, the body dies and returns to where it came from—the earth. Comparably, the life-force returns to where it came from—God. (Job 34:14, 15; Psalm 36:9) This does not mean that the life-force actually travels to heaven. Rather, it means that for someone who dies, any hope of future life rests with Jehovah God. His life is in God’s hands, so to speak. Only by God’s power can the spirit, or life-force, be given back so that a person may live again.

Source(s): What does the bible really teach? http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/appendix_07.htm
  • 9 years ago

God says "Before I created you in the womb, I knew you." I would believe at conception, except for Adam and Eve of course. Michelangelo's painting of God's extended finger touching Adam's finger to receive the spark of life brilliantly illuminates the concept. Since no "one" can create life except God (including Christ and the Holy Spirit), two bodies are required to reproduce life (extend creation forward) . A life is a life until death, inside or outside of the womb, so the soul is the anima or spark of life.

• 9 years ago

A soul is born when a child learns what is right from what is wrong. Like probably around 5 or 6

• 9 years ago

GOD created all souls at one time. HE also places them in the womb at conception. They all belong to HIM.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

God breathed in the nostrils of man, and he became a living Soul. The moment of conception we are a Creation of God, a human being.He knows who we will be and the direction of out life---He has for knowledge of His Creation and the path we will take, and it is all up to us, in that path we will choose. Eternal life with Christ or eternal death in the Grave. He is the God of the Universe and knows everything---good or bad.

Source(s): King James Bible, the ESV Study Bible, The Strongs Bible Concordance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It was born in the mind of whoever thought up the lie in the first place.

• Sam
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Souls don't exist...

• anon
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

God gives it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.