Smarties asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 years ago

How to deal with my compulsive liar roommate?

This girl I'm rooming with at school weighs around 290, and she's 5'4". She has acne, and is constantly complaining about her weight. She eats crap (tonight she ordered KFC delivery, and ate the entire bucket of chicken. 10 pieces I believe! And last night she had an entire plate of poutine in a half cup of gravy), yet tells us she's a health nut. She's got two 2L bottles of coke in the fridge at the moment. Anyway, she's also a compulsive liar and can't seem to get her story right. Apparently she's the adopted daughter of a coke addict who left her in a garbage can at her parents house. Then, she tells us about how she's banged half the football team in college, and goes online to find guys. I mean, I know college guys can be pigs, but this girl is beyond disgusting, and she's not even nice or anything. She's a slob! And she has REALLY bad BO!! Anyway, today my other roommate saw a pregnancy test in the garbage, and it had to be hers since the girl she shares a bathroom with is my friend, and she's a virgin! How do we handle this? She's only been here since yesterday, and already she's caused us a lot of grief. Plus her mother told me to my face that my program (medicine) is a farce and that oil swishing is the magic cure for everything! Is it too early to talk to the RA?

Best Answer

@JJ - it DOES have to do with her. She lives with this girl, so she has to put up with her on a day to day basis.

This girl sounds mentally unstable. I'd talk to an RA, as soon as you can to see what they can do. Don't go in to what she eats, or her lying - just say things like "we aren't getting along" and that the toxic relationship is interfering with your studies.

see if you can find another room mate next semester. You will never make any friends or meet any guys when you have her living with you.

I'm sorry, but what this girl does has nothing to do with you. I think you need to learn to take what she says with a pinch of salt and leave it at that.

We'll transfer rooms and never associate with her again.

kick her out