Are we fresh out of new inventions?

Weve really ran out of new ideas havent we?

Unless you know of some...

Update:

centuries eh?

Update 2:

funny how no one can say one

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

I've often wondered the same thing. I mean we see a lot of innovations, like the "As seen on TV" stuff, but any new inventions? I haven't seen any.

• Shawn
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

There is a classic quote attributed to the Commissioner of the U.S. patent office in 1899: "Everything that can be invented has been invented." Although it is likely that this is just a myth. Personally, I do not think that we will ever run out of new inventions. For one thing, we still need to invent all the stuff from science fiction movies, TV shows, and books.

Here is one idea I have for a new invention: A talking toy robot with user voice recognition that is wirelessly connected to a children's encyclopedia database. You ask the robot to tell you about something - "tell me about dolphins" - and it looks up a random factoid on that topic from the database. Over time it learns the type of topics that interest the user, and offers random fun facts that he or she might enjoy.

• Rznfoo
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Nope, never. People have been saying this for centuries but new inventions always pop up.

• Daniel
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

thats what they said in in the 30's

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Katie
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

No way:) there's always something new

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.