brandy_j asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

will long walks help you lose weight?

i want to do long walks, about an hour, but not very fast paced. will this help me lose weight or does it have to be intense to lose pounds

Best Answer

Yes it will. I started walkin & lost 9lbs in 13 days

Dry wine is better than sweet wine. Sweet wines naturally contain a lot of sugar. But on the other hand, in dry wines most of this sugar has been fermented away so from the weight point of view dry wines are better than sweet wines.52. When you decide it’s time to start working out, start slowly and don’t get discouraged if you don’t achieve your fitness goals after the first week. Many people make this mistake. They feel that if they really push their bodies they can lose more weight in a couple of work outs. This is a very serious thing in fact. If you try to push your body too much in the first few goes, you are likely to end up with sprained joints, a sore back and even torn ligaments. The rule to be followed here is slow and steady wins the race.

Any form of exercise helps increase weight loss but walking is not the fastest or best way of losing fat.

In a recent study they said that jump roping for about 5 min will get you to lose 250 calories and that is a better way to exercise because the thing about walking is that it doesn't get your heart racing so it won't really help you that much.

Another few tips is drink green tea about 2 cups a day

Have 3 to 2 oranges a day (helps speed up metabolism)

Drink plenty of water

Take a shower with cold water

Smell lavender and then eat your dinner (helps you to crave or eat less)

When you have a craving eat ice.

Good Luck!

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

IT is ok to walk slowly too as long as you walk the same distance. How about 2 miles on an empty stomach, every day? Controll the intake of calories, make sure it is less than the output. Enjoy nature. Visualize yourself as healthy as you like to be. Great question. It works. When cold walk in a mall.

Source(s): In Italy We walk a lot, this is the most natural form of transportation and exercise. Sofia Loren walks every day , She is approaching 80 she is very healthy. God bless you my dear.

Yes and no, Obviously, you will lose weight and burn calories, but for this to work fine you need some resistance, some difficulty and a good diet to follow

Intense, short intervals of cardio and strength Training, plus a healthy diet is the best way to lose weight.

It depends on how you structure your diet. If you're on a low carb diet, then YES, those walks will help you lose fat. If you are on a low fat HIGH carb diet, then not so much. Sure, it's better than nothing but it won't be as effective if you were on a low carb diet

40 minutes of martial arts training

show off your bowling skills for 34 minutes

• Mark

eat lean health proteins in addition to fruit and vegetables