Where is the safest place to live in British Colombia, Canada to avoid nuclear fallout?

Given the current nuclear disaster in Japan and the large and increasing number of nuclear facilities in China and India I would like to know the safest place to live in my home province of British Columbia. My initial thought is on the lee side of the mountains on Vancouver Island possibly the Courtney area or in a dry spot in the Okanagon Valley on the lee side of the Rockey Mountains.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Safest place is as far up north by northeast as possible, maybe move to Dawson's Creek?

Since there is no nuclear threat in BC (I live here as well), you really don't need to worry about it. I wouldn't move to the island if you're afraid of disasters since an earthquake here could mean an tsunami/water hazards on and around the island. Tofino would be wiped off the map, so thats out of the question for sure!

you need to come to a decision the place a nuclear strike is maximum possibly to ensue. Then do not stay downwind of it. Nuclear iciness refers to a planet huge catastrophy, so there is not any place to steer away from it. Its touching on a ought to of airborne dirt and dust, kicked up by utilising the explosion(s) that ought to encircle the Earth, for that reason blockading the solar and reducing worldwide temperatures. irritating approximately nuclear iciness and fallout would not accomplish something. If it is going to take place, it is going to take place, there isn't something we are able to do approximately it.

ROFLZ u spelt British Colombia wrong in the question anyway....The first answer is wrong..Dawsons Creek is not in BC but Sandeep is right, its in your home.. Nothing is gonna happen..But the Okanagan Valley sounds good as well.

the safest place is your home