Environmental careers...?

Didn't have enough room to write my question...

So.... just need to know what careers are available in the environmental field and do they pay well?

• Matt
    Best Answer

I am a civil engineer employed as an environmental consultant. I work for companies that have environmental liabilities and try to help them stay on the correct side of the regulations and clean up properties. It pays well. I am not rich, but I make a good living.

There are a lot of choices. If you combine an interest in the environment with a law degree. environmental law is a wide open field especially if you do an internship at the NRDC, Sierra Clubs defense fund, etc. If you are into more law enforcement, state forestry or fish and game as well as park rangers is a great field.

If you have a good biology/zoology background, there are several policy analyst positions at the EPA, State environmental Quality offices, and working for a congressional office that has an interest in the environment, especially in a more rural district.

Then there are specific jobs at places like the Smithsonian, World Bank, and UN dealing with critical species and habitat restoration. Find an area they are working on that you have a ken interest in and do a volunteer internship to get to know who the key players are and to let them get to know your abilities

I artwork for a waste oil recycling plant in/around Cincinnati, Oh. We purchase waste oil from Lube shops, vehicle sellers, metalworking and motor vehicle industries and anyplace else we are able to get it. occasion: Pay 1 / 4 a gallon for it, clear out it, manage it with a chemical noted as a demulsifier, warmth it to one hundred seventy levels. This technique eliminates the water from it. it quite is bought instead gasoline to particularly asphalt flowers for over a greenback a gallon. We plan to sell over 4 million gallons this 300 and sixty 5 days. it quite is a touch straight forward technique, yet high priced for useful. I have not any college training. I do have a minimum of 8 years working with chemical compounds in bulk quantity. everybody can do this activity. The oil we deliver out and in is seen a non unsafe cloth. The "crimson water" far off from the oil is likewise non unsafe. it quite is sent to a water scientific care plant.

I would list some, but there are SO many! Here's an awesome site:

www.khake.com/page46.html

It has tons of links and lists of environmental careers! I hope this helped!!!

You can do what I'm trying to get into, a national park ranger. Pay is pretty good and job seems to be excellent.