How to remove xp internet security 2011 without access to internet?
My brother accidentally istalled xp internet security 2011, now we're trying to remove it but we can't go on internet(or enter any other program). I went on this computer and found a few useful ways to remove it using downloadable programs, but since the infected computer can't go on internet, we can't use that. I'm not sure how to remove it manually. Help?
- Anonymous9 years agoFavorite Answer
Have you tried booting into "Safe Mode with Networking". This may allow you to gain Internet access. To do this power on your computer ► tap the "F8" key when you hear the beep sound (you'll also see the manufacturer's logo at the same time) ► select "Safe Mode with Networking" and hit they "Enter" key. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
Here is what you need to do:
(1) If you were unable to gain access to the Internet in "Safe Mode with Networking", download "TDSSKiller.exe" on another computer, transfer it to your computer via USB and run a scan with it. This will kill the process of the culprit. http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid... You'll need to do this in "Safe Mode".
(2) Download and install "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Free Edition)" (MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Run a full-system scan with it. You may need to download this on another computer and transfer the installer over to your infected computer if you haven't gained access to the Internet.
(3) If you were unable to do that, try the "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10": http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk You'll need to burn this on a CD or make a bootable USB ► boot from this CD, which will scan your HDD and disinfect your computer. This is a great tool, because your operating system needs to boot for the virus to work.
(4) If you don't have an anti-virus program on your computer, download "Microsoft Security Essentials" (MSE), which is a good, free software. http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ Note that MBAM does not have real-time protection, i.e., it will not protect your computer in the background; you can only run system scan with it to get rid of viruses. So, use it to run a second scan after running your regular scans with MSE.
- Anonymous9 years ago
1. Click Start->Run or press WinKey+R. Type in "command" and press Enter key.
2. In the command prompt window type "notepad" and press Enter key. Notepad will come up.
3. Copy all the text given on this page http://justpaste.it/9x2 and paste to Notepad.
4. Save file as fix.reg to your Desktop. NOTE: (Save as type: All files)
5. Double-click on the fix.reg file to run it. Click "Yes" for Registry Editor prompt window. Then click OK.
6. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
* MalwareBytes Anti-malware
* Spybot S&D
* Hitman Pro 3.5
Don't forget to update the installed program before scanning.
Detailed removal guide: http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2010/11/remove-x...
Alternate removal guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remo...
- premnarayanLv 44 years ago
shop press F8 on boot-up and enter secure mode, as quickly as in there click on the commencing up button then seem for 'Run' click in this then enter this msconfig. once you get a window up, seem for 'start up' then click on it, then seem for this equipment 'XP protection 2011' and uncheck the container on the left. this could provide up it working once you initiate up abode windows. in case you cant discover this equipment in start up, then seem in 'centers'