Do you think the Colts have a chance of getting a complete home-field advantage to the super bowl?

If there is football at all of course.

If they do they would be the first team to have Superbowl home-field advantage.

Best Answer

You have a chance because your name isn't the Bills or Broncos or Bengals etc. You have #18 which bodes well but... your offensive line is falling apart, your running game is less than so-so, your defense although quick is undersized and gets pushed around. (I'll give you Freeney/Mathis as the best tandem in football.) Injuries as you well know last year took a toll on you but that's part of the game. You did show some depth in maintaining. You're basically relegated to a one-man show offensively without a great supporting cast. Caldwell is a couple notches below the great Tony Dungy but you do have a committed ownership. All things considered and without knowing any teams season roster will actually look like, you're behind the Pats,Jets,Steelers and Ravens in the AFC food chain. Lucas Oil WOULD be a "first" but I wouldn't bet the bananas on it.

Source(s): Jets fan-NFL fan

As a Colt fan, I will do my best not to be biased.

To answer your question, I don't think home field is in the future for the next season or a super bowl berth for that matter. The AFC is just too strong, and much stronger than it was in the last 3 seasons. Its becoming like the NFC in that, teams you wouldn't normally see like the Jets, Chiefs, Ravens, are starting to become the elite teams. The Colts were the elite team during the 2000's, but so far in this new decade it has been the Jets, Steelers, and now we are seeing a resurgence from the Ravens. I think the Colts will rebound and take the AFC South, but I don't see the Colts getting home field. You have teams like the Steelers who are stll playing great offense and defense. Also, the Jets look like a team that is on the rise, but they just have to get past the AFC Championship game. Overall, I like the Colts to be in the thick of the AFC again, but I could see the Colts being a #4 or maybe #3 seed at best. I just can't see them beating the best in the AFC only because of how much the roster has changed. Sure we have great playmakers, but lets face the facts, the Colts are aging as a roster. We need younger players at key positions especially defensively. But I think the Colts will contend just not at that high of a level.

This has in no way got here approximately, nor will it ever. There are 3 motives for the great Bowl being in distinctive stadiums. a million.) they choose this interest to be performed on a impartial field like formerly reported so as that no one has an benefit and the suited group quite does win. 2.) The stuff going on in fee impressive now, it is impressive, funds. distinctive communities get their stadium as domicile for the great Bowl in an order and in simple terms as quickly as each and every 32 years because of the fact this interest is an computerized sell-out even however the league gets maximum folk, it continues to be a stable quantity of money. 3.) this type each and every fan gets to flow to the great Bowl in 32 years. yet this would possibly not in any respect ensue because of the fact if it did, they might commerce the subsequent 3 hundred and sixty 5 days's group, and characteristic their stadium host the great Bowl. the different group's stadium might get it next 3 hundred and sixty 5 days.

They need to get a running game, an actual DT, not just some heavy DE that's no good good at run stopping. They may also need a OLB or SS if they want to replace Sanders. So no I don't think they will because Manning can't do everything on his own and injuries may be an issue again next year.

Yes, they will. They will go 16-0 and have home field advantage. They will then proceed to win the superbowl, becoming the first team in NFL history to do so.

Source(s): biased colts fan

a chance yes but lets face it not a good chance

I don't think they have enough talent. Sorry

Source(s): Football fan