Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 10 years ago

Why do people make fun of the Holocaust?

It's not funny, my grandpa died in the holocaust. He fell off the guard tower.

Favorite Answer

Ignorance. Stupidity. Fear.

Many people don't fully understand what went on. They don't understand how the Jewish people suffered, what their families went through. How they were treated -- or rather, MIStreated; starved, treated like animals, tortured.

It really isn't funny. It's a very serious topic, and it p*sses me off when people talk about it so lightly.

For anyone who thinks the Holocaust didn't happen, or was a joke, or just don't take it seriously...

read the book "Night" by Elie Wiesel, and watch his appearance on Oprah.

It was hearwrenching and revealed alot of things that many people didn't/wouldn't have known about the Holocaust.

Humanity has gone down hill these last few decades; the younger generation is disrespectful, and they often speak without thinking, and never think about the consequences ( However, I consider myself an exception to that )

Source(s): Life, World Religions Class, Elie Wiesel's Novel, His appearance on Oprah, etc

some people don't believe that the holocaust didn't happen... but it did! didn't it?? yes it did.

because of disrespect and disregard