Should these players be inducted into the hall of fame?

All of these players have been linked to steroids in way or another. Do you think any of these player should go to the Hall of Fame.

Roger Clemens

Jason Giambi

Andy Pettitte

Mark McGuire

Barry Bonds

Sammy Sosa

Manny Ramirez

Alex Rodriguez

Rafael Palmeiro

Best Answer

Boy! Did you open a can of worms! This topic will continue to be debated for many years to come. My take on the whole thing is that the players you mentioned are only those that are household names -- Heroes, if you will, of the modern game. Should they be passed over for induction into the Hall of Fame based upon their PED-related issues? Well, I say that their baseball stats alone should be the determining factor. Why? Hey! What about the non-headline MLB players that have (or still are) experimented with PEDs to no avail? I am certain that there are a number of players, both current and former, that can speak on PEDs from personal experience, that didn't enjoy the success others have over their careers. Disqualify them simply because they used a ban substance and had a successful career? I believe it to be unfair and completely biased. Steroids can't improve hand-eye coordination.

Roger Clemens: No.

Jason Giambi: no

Andy Pettitte: I like Andy Pettitte because instead of denying steroid use like most players on that list, he openly admitted to using steroids. I don't know if that's a good reason for him to get into the HoF or not because he deliberately broke the rules and cheated. i wouldn't care if he got in or not.

Mark McGuire: absolutely not.

Barry Bonds: absolutely not.

Sammy Sosa: Absolutely he should. i do not believe Sammy took steroids and I don't have any reason to believe he did. Sure he got caught once using a cork bat, but he said he grabbed it by accident and I believe him. Baseball performed a test on all of his other bats and they all came up clean. Sammy also gets a lot of hate for leaving his final game of the 2004 season early. What most fans seem to forget is that Sammy had carried the Cubs on his back for about 10 years and he showed up to every game before everyone else to work hard to be the best. It disgusts me to see Cub fans turn their cheek on Sosa after carrying them for so many years.

Manny Ramirez: It's tough to speculate on Manny considering he just retired a few days ago, but he has also gotten in trouble for having illegal drugs. I don't think that would keep him out of the HoF but steroids sure would.

Alex Rodriguez: Probably. No major evidence that he took roids except for the fact that he shows up one season looking twice the size he did the previous season. He is also a dirty player (although most of these players on this list are). Like Manny, it seems too early to tell what the media feels about his hall of fame chances, but i believe A-rod has a big chance and i think he will get in.

Rafael Palmeiro: No.

We havent yet had a player that's come clean be eligible for the hall of fame, ie petite, arod. So on their behalf you can't really predict the voters.

However everyone else on the list lied; said they didnt, it was proven they did. [except for bonds but thats just turning into a **** show]. And with the precedence set by the voting for mark mcguire, whose vote totals actually lessened in consecutive years, it doesnt look like everyone else on that list wont be voted in.

It's sad though because this is a list of some of the greatest players who put up some of the best numbers of all time. I say put them in with a big bold asterisk next to their name.

Kind of like in Inglorious Basterds where brad pitt would engrave the nazi sign on the nazis he let free- forgive but never forget.

Making a convincing case for the candidacies of Pettitte and, even moreso, Giambi, would be long rows to hoe regardless of PED issues.

• ?

andy pettite and jason giambi shouldnt. but out of fairness i would vote for the others. regardless of legality or illegality, look at all the pitchers in the hall of fame who used the spitball back in the day. not voting clemens, arod, bonds, etc would mean a double standard.

drew bledsoe NO keenan mccardell NO adam vinatieri NO (not with in basic terms 2 All professional strategies, Jan Stenerud is the only ok interior the HOF and in basic terms yet somebody else who merits it: Morten Andersen) mark brunell NO fred taylor NO (under no circumstances led the league in a speeding type) garrison hearst NO wealthy gannon NO jamal lewis NO (comparable reason Terrell Davis isn't in) shaun alexander NO (blessed via playing in the back of Walter Jones, not consistent adequate) priest holmes NO (it truly is the hall of repute, not the hall of the three-3 hundred and sixty 5 days wonders)

• John W

None of them would get my vote.