is it ok if i use songs or some parts of music tracks for my videos on youtube?

Is it stealing even if I say from who it is?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If the songs or music are protected by copyright (and just about anything published in the last 100 years is protected by copyright), then you need permission to use them in your videos, otherwise you are infringing illegally on copyrights.

Saying who it is from has absolutely no effect, apart from proving that you know the song or music came from someone else (which in turn implies that you knowingly infringed the copyright).

You must obtain a license in order to use copyrighted material in your videos. If you don't want to bother with licensing, then use music in the public domain … although public-domain recorded music is essentially non-existent.

You can use Audio Swap to put music on your video, if you want (this is music that YouTube has already licensed on your behalf).

You can also perform music that you've composed yourself and you may use that freely in your videos.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Depends if the track is copyrighted or not. It's considered stealing even if you say who it is.

The only way you have the right to put it in your video is if you contact the music label and ask (and they'll definitely say no).

Almost all songs are copyrighted, so the above rules probably apply to you.

However, If the specific song is under the creative commons license, then look into the specific license. You then may have the right to use it if you say who it's from.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.