MRex
MRex asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 9 years ago

which insect do u hate the most ?

mosquito's or horse flys

Favorite Answer

Mosquitoes are the worst insects know to man. "They spread disease which could lead to death more often than any other insect. Mosquitoes are a vector agent that carries disease-causing viruses and parasites from person to person without catching the disease themselves.

The principal mosquito borne diseases are the viral diseases yellow fever, dengue fever and Chikungunya, transmitted mostly by the Aedes aegypti, and malaria carried by the genus Anopheles. Though originally a public health concern, HIV is now thought to be almost impossible for mosquitoes to transmit.[37]

Mosquitoes are estimated to transmit disease to more than 700 million people annually in Africa, South America, Central America, Mexico, Russia and much of Asia with millions of resulting deaths. At least 2 million people annually die of these diseases." en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito

The horse fly doesn't come close to the mosquito even though they bite. Tabanids are a type of horse fly. "Tabanids known vectors for some Blood-borne diseases of animals and humans. Tabanids are very good vectors of the Equine Infectious Anaemia Virus, as well as some Trypanosome species. Species in the genus Chrysops are biological vectors of Loa loa, transmitting this parasitic filarial worm between humans. They have also been known to transmit Anthrax among cattle and sheep.

Blood loss is a common problem in some animals, when large flies are abundant. Some animals have been known to lose up to 300 ml of blood in a single day, which can severely weaken or even kill them." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-fly

Horse Flies can be bad but mosquitoes are much worse.

Source(s): wikipedia
  • Kaysee

I absolutely hate beetles. I don't know why but the way they stick to your clothes and usually aren't dead even when they're in the pool. And how you can hear them fly around. I wouldn't mind if they just went extinct honestly.

And I'll have to agree with the answer below about earwigs. Those creep me out so much.. They could extinct to. I hope they do actually.

Mosquitos since wasp leave you alone, while mosquitos are constantly attacking me

I hate maggots. Lol but I'd say Mosquitos. :)

i hate mosquito

mosquitoes

A tie between earwigs and wasps. Earwigs are just horrifyingly gross, but wasps can sting you and are generally little jerks.

Wasps. They sting you, are creepy as all hell and do absolutely nothing beneficial. Bees at least make honey.

I hate Housefly.

Thunder flys (not lightbug)