Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 9 years ago

Where should I stay in Florida?

My wife and I decided to travel to Florida at the end of April, mainly to watch the Space Shuttle launch. (STS 134). We have been to Floridad plenty of times before, but we usually take more time to prepare, and bring along our travel trailer and camp. Since this trip is more on a whim, we decided to either drive down in the car (easier on gas) or fly down. Either way we will be staying in a motel. A few years ago we stayed in a nice efficiency unit in an old style motel in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. It was lovely, but I want to try to stay closer to where the launch will take place. Maybe somehwere around Daytona beach, or as far south as Jupiter. But I am having trouble finding sites that show accomodations with kitchenettes. Plus a lot of the hotels are booked up in that area, especially on the weekends. The launch is on a Friday. We can travel down during the week, but we don't want to have to fly back home that night if we can help it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I did a quick search (I used Yahoo) I put in Daytona motel kitchenette. A great number showed up.. You may also try, Titusville, Volusia, Ormond Beach or New Smyrna. Tourist business has been really slow. You will find something.

Daytona

Orlando

cocoa beach try www.cocoabeach.com for accommodation.