Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How does Steam work with Portal 2?

I want to buy Portal 2.

I know you can use Steam to get it, but I know nothing about how Steam works. When I buy it, I'll only have an electronic copy, right? How many computers can I play this on (thinking about playing at a friend's house because I'll be there for a few days)?

In terms of the Steam network, can I buy the game as a hard copy, and then register it on Steam? Will I still get the electronic copy that way? Does anyone know if Portal 2's going to have the number of downloads restrictions on the CD as well?

Hopefully that question was reasonably clear... I just really don't understand Steam.

Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With steam the game is perminantly activated on your account, you can download it as many times as you like on to any computer you just have to be logged on to your Steam account in order to play.

The CD version is no different than the steam version, all the CD version does is install the files and activate the game on your steam account, you still need to be logged into Steam to play the CD version.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Steam can install the game on as many computers as you wish, you just have to sign in on your account on different pcs then accept the validation email sent to you. The online shop is very secure so there is no need to worry about that.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

great advice from the different posts, no longer! besides you at the instant are not by myself. it style of feels something has long previous incorrect in a Steam replace and a good number of Portal 2 Mac consumers at the instant are not from now on waiting to play the sport. i've got pronounced this to Steam, nevertheless waiting for a reaction.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Ordenadores para trabajar o para jugar, simples o muy avanzados, siempre a los mejores precios en los sitios web, mi viejo ordenador, también comprado en los sitios web me gustaba mucho pero necesitaba algo más eficiente y más silencioso, el ordenador que compre cumple todas mis expectativas, además de ser muy rápido, con una buena capacidad de almacenaje, es increíblemente silencioso, lo he probado por la noche, en un silencio total y ni no parecía que estaba funcionando, una excelente compra.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.