Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 9 years ago

How to make a hydrogen powered toy car?

Ok so I know how to perform electrolysis but how do I run a small motor on the hydrogen? Do i just place the electrodes in a balloon filled with captured hydrogen? Should I separate the hydrogen and oxygen? What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Hydrogen is not a toy, it is highly volatile, even explosive. The Hindenburg dirigible was filled with hydrogen and you can see pictures of what happened to it. Children playing with a toy car and hydrogen are almost sure of getting seriously burned or blown up, sooner or later. Balloons are now using helium, not inflammable, for safety reasons. Good luck.

Hydrogen Toy Car

I don't think it's possible to make a fuel cell at home, unless you have some platinum and can find plans. I also don't think it's possible to convert a model size internal combustion engine to burn hydrogen, but I could be wrong.

You just separate it all to make PURE hydrogen, then carefully get it in a balloon.