Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

MY SIMS 2 KEEPS CRASHING! HELP!?

ok I have had the sims 2 since I was like 12. I'm 17 now and still lovin it. I got a new laptop for xmas and it has enough ram and space for it. I have custom content and I do hacks regularly but this has NEVER happened before. It crashed whenever I turn an adult into an elder. It drives me nuts. It just says "the app has crashed. It will now close." never happened before now. even with custom content. I have tried everything. so plz don't say its the content, or the hacks. and don't tell me to run it in xp pc mode. Tried it didn't work. please help me. I really don't want to go to my brother the IT tech. He'll rub it in my face that I don't know computers. Even though I do. I ran the virus check on my custom content so it's all good. Trust me I hack people and I've never ran into a problem that I can't slove. And it's driving me CRAZY! please help. By the way make it quick. hehe thanks.

Favorite Answer

To stop Sims keeps crashing, follow these instructions:

[A] Make Sure you have Sufficient Free Disk Space:

Refer to the "ReadMe" document of Sims and verify whether you have sufficient amount of free disk space to run Sims efficiently.

To clean-up your disk space, use the Disk CleanUp as shown below:

1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.

2. Select the drive where Sims is installed, and press ENTER.

[B] Repair your Sims Registry Entries:

Using Reginout cleaner, scan the Sims registry entries for corruption. Repair them as soon as problems are found.

[C] Ensure Minimum Hardware Requirements:

Verify whether your computer fulfills all the minimum system requirements, as specified in the Sims "ReadMe" documentation.

[D] Reinstall the Game:

Reinstalling the game may fix the problem, if your game files are corrupted. Steps are as below:

1. Click Start | Control Panel.

2. Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.

3. Select "Sims" from the list of installed software, and click "Uninstall".

4. Follow the wizard and restart the system after completion.

5. Re-run the setup program to install Sims again.

[E] Restore the System:

If you remember a date on which Sims was working fine, try restoring the computer's state at that time.

1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore.

2. Follow the wizard.