does a 9mm have more power than a 45 acp?

btw do u like glock's yes or no

Favorite Answer

A 45 ACP round has a larger projectile (more stopping power). So why would anyone pick a 9mm? Answer: less expensive ammunition, less recoil, faster projectile (9mm can penetrate some solid objects), and with 9mm hollow point rounds it increases the stopping power by a lot. The 45 ACP has a rich history in the US Military (research the 1911 .45 ACP) and for a good reason. The military now uses the Beretta 92FS (a 9mm handgun) to better align us with NATO forces' ammunition. As to your question about Glock: they are fine handguns with a good reputation, but no handgun will please everyone. I may like a handgun for one reason, and you may hate it for that very same reason. Best advice: find a friend or a range that has one, and shoot it to see for yourself. Check out the Glock 21 (45 ACP) or the Glock 17 (9mm). Semper Fi.

Source(s): Active Duty United States Marine, Hand-to-Hand Combat Instructor, NRA member

No, a 9mm does not have more power than a 45 ACP. The 9mm is a smaller round, but travels faster. Also, in regards to Glocks, I don't personally like their styling, but all of them I have shot are fine weapons, and I have heard that they are a quality, reliable piece.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Not at all the .45 acp wrecks the 9mm in terms of power. The only advantage of the 9mm is that it is a faster round so it is more accurate at longer ranges.

• Matt

no it does not and no i am not a glock fan. I like double action/single action pistols. I like having a round in the chamber but still have the full trigger pull. If your looking at buying a gun before you do look at the stores around you and see what caliber they have in stock and cheap. More than likely you will be using this for fun shooting so you will be using FMJ rounds. You can get those for cheap (cheaper than the range) at walmart and big name stores. The reason i tell you to see what caliber is usually in stock is because i live in michigan. When me and my brother in law plan on going to the range we usually can not find any 9mm ammo cheap for him. We end up having to buy it at the range and pay an extra $5-$10 a box vs what i pay for 40 cal.

my guilty pleasure is guns too although I've never owned one just shot with friends. No, a 45 acp has a much bigger punch (if you compare bullet sizes, the 45 is much wider). A 1911 has a decent kick, but acp something like a heckler and koch compact has a big recoil. 9mm has more bullets to the clip most time and is less recoil. I perfer h and k 45 when i shot it, it feels like a real gun.

I've never shot one, but I like the design over a p225 or an m9

No and no.

9mms are more accurate and have cheaper ammo though.

No

Source(s): NRA..