Daddy's girl asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

CHI or Paul Mitchell hair straightener?

My CHI broke yesterday ( well didnt exactly break but the dog attacked it lol ) and im ordering another straightener offline and i love paul mitchell hair products ( shampoo and leave in conditioner blah blah blah ) and i had no idea there were paul mitchell straighteners and i found a really cheap one on ebay lol so which ones are better? Should i get another chi or a paul mitchell or another brand? my friend has one thats from walmart for like $10 and IT SUCKS and i had a herstyle one but my hair is naturally explosive and that didnt help haha and i need a really good straightener my hair is like a big red curly afro in the morning haha :) btw is there anyway to make my hair thinner and what hair products could i put in my hair that protect from heat that wont burn my scalp? ( mayb its cuz im young idk lol im 12 but everything i put in it burns! ) i put argan oil hair treatment in my hair but thats different. anyways thanks :)

Best Answer

I've worked at salons and what I have come to notice is that chi seems to break a lot. When I first got mine I asked the same question. Chi or Paul Mitchell? I've owned my Paul Mitchell for 4 years now and I haven't had a single problem. It still makes my hair feel soft and smooth till this day. I don't use any heat protection either. With PM you have to order on eBay or something because from what I know only stylist with a license can purchase them. It may have changed now. Chi is popular but it really does break easily.

Paul Mitchell Straightener

• ferrel

Chi Hair Straightener

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

CHI or Paul Mitchell hair straightener?

My CHI broke yesterday ( well didnt exactly break but the dog attacked it lol ) and im ordering another straightener offline and i love paul mitchell hair products ( shampoo and leave in conditioner blah blah blah ) and i had no idea there were paul mitchell straighteners and i found a really cheap...

Source(s): chi paul mitchell hair straightener: https://bitly.im/ua8pd

chi paul mitchell hair straightener

I definitely looooove Paul Mitchell. But CHI is the way to go on this one.

If you go to a hairstylist, they can thin your hair out for you, since you're so young, I don't suggest doing it yourself. It's generally inexpensive.

Make sure you're using heat protectant products & best of luck!

Source(s): Experience

If you want a professional flat iron and you are ok with spending around $140 I would highly recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year warranty. If you are in the US you can buy from http://MyHairStylingTools.com, they are also giving away a free heat matt/carrying case and some heat serum that works really well. If you are in Canada you can buy at http://www.hairtools.ca/. If you do look at other irons make sure to stay away from irons with painted plates (colored plates) these can damage your hair.

A little about plate quality:

* Aluminum – 90’s and low quality, will stick to your hair and terrible results.

* Colored Plates – Stay away from these, they may look nice but they are for show and they are not good for your hair.

* Ceramic Plates – White or Yellowish color plate – These plates are good but they are older technology from around 2002. Many companies still use these as it is cheaper to manufacture than a tourmaline ceramic plate.

* Titanium Plates – Gun Metal Grey color – These are great plates and provide great results. These and Tourmaline Ceramic plates are about the same in quality but work different with different hair types. You would need to try both to see which one provides the best results for your hair type.

* Tourmaline Ceramic – Gun Metal Grey in color – These are currently the best plates on the market. currently I only see Karmin and Sedu using these plates. It appears all the other brands are focused on cutting costs by using the cheaper plates.

Some features you should look for:

* Variable Temperature Control (If you have thick hair make sure it heats up to at least 420F)

* Swivel Cord

* At least a 3 year warranty (most hair straighteners will die in the first year or two)

* If you travel then make sure its dual voltage

You can also check reviews at http://flatironsreviews.com to see their ranking of the top 10 flat irons. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Source(s): Owner of 5 salons with 12 years of experience.

chi's better, never tried paul mitchell's but chi's good ;D

I think you should be buy it again from ebay. Because you will not satisfied with any more product.

so you will get it again from there.