What kind of roommate would you rather have?

Would you rather have a roommate who is messy and who doesn't cause drama and is very positive and nice, or a roommate who is clean but is negative, complains and causes drama?

Favorite Answer

Wow for me this is tuff because i have a 13 year old daughter who is an absolute mess maker and i am a clean freak. But, if i had no mess making kids then i would have to say that i would prefer a drama free, positive messy person, rather than a clean negative person. Negativity and drama could really get you down. :)

• Julia

Messy roommate! When I moved away to college at the beginning of the year (well September) I was REALLY neat and always kept my side of the room super super clean. My roommate was a complete slob. She was reaaally messy. It really drove me crazy at first and I complained a lot but then I realized that she's actually super amazing. She was the sweetest roommate and you get used to the mess, as long as it's contained on one side...Although, she did make me a messier person too...

Hahaha bottom line, my roomie moved out yesterday after our 8 months together, and I miss her like crazy already. It was awesome to have a roomie I got along with so well and I'm glad I didn't base our friendship off her messiness...

Personally I'd rather have a messy roommate.

The drama that you can end up being dragged into with the neat, negative one isn't worth it in my opinion. I'd much rather waste my time cleaning up after someone then listening to someone complain all the time any day.

The messy one definitely!