I need help creating a scatter plot in Microsoft Excel 2007!!!?

I need to create a scatter plot in Microsoft Excel 2007but it's not letting me, plus I just don't know how to create one. Can you please help me?!?! No rude comments please! Thanks :)

I have information that has to deal with a certain amount of time, but my teacher wants me to use a scatter plot. So do I select the intervals of time, too or what?

Favorite Answer

Select all your data, then go to the Insert Tab and then click on the Scatter graph that you want. If you don't have data selected, all you will get is an empty graph box.

Source(s): Experience

I think you need to put the values 1095, 1105, etc. in the x column. I don't believe Excel will simplify arithmetic expressions before it graphs the cell contents...or if you put the values in as formulas (=1095+00), perhaps it will. Also depending on what your data shows, try a line graph where the horizontal values will be left as is. (Though an x won't be paired with a y as is XY scatter.) Try the link below and note: "The x-axis of a Scatter chart can only be a value axis. This means that only numeric data is displayed on this axis. To display this numeric data with greater flexibility, you can change the scaling options on this axis."

When you have all your points put in excel (going downwards) the go to Insert then click scatter, and decide what type of scatter plot you want. I hope this helped.