Touchdowns 50

Rec Yards 9164

Average 13.6

Receptions 673

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They're the two best wideouts in the game, so its impossible to go wrong either way, but I'd probably go with AJ. He's just as strong and physical as Fitzgerald, his hands are just as good and his vertical ability and ball skills are only a tiny notch behind, but he's far more athletic and a much more potent deep threat.

Like I said, Fitz is incredible. He has the best ball skills and vertical ability of anybody in the league, but he doesn't really have great top end speed. A lot of the time he can struggle to get separation. But of course, that doesn't matter much and there's probably nobody better at coming down with jump balls.

The best argument for Fitz comes as his higher tendency to score touchdowns than AJ. For whatever reason, AJ hasn't really been able to get in the end zone as much as other big time wideouts like him. It's understandable for guys like DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace to not have a lot of TDs because their lack of size leads them to get lost in red zone situations, but AJ has the size and ability to go up and beat anybody for a ball in any situation. But for some reason that hasn't really come through consistently when in the red zone, while Fitz is as good as anybody in that situation.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Larry Fitzgerald

• Both of these players are phenomenal athletes. They have similar stats but Larry has more Touchdown receptions in his career. But overall I think Johnson is the better player. He has played for a team who has never made the playoffs before and has played with not a big running game to rely on. (Until last season.) In my opinion he is one of the best route runners in the league. He is physical at the line of scrimmage and can play hurt. He did that all of last year. he is the heart and soul of the Texans offense and has tremendous play making ability. But Fitzgerald is right there behind them.

• 9 years ago

Calvin Johnson

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Levi
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Andre. Power, Speed, Hands, Size.

Fitzgerald only has speed and hands.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Calvin Johnson.

• 9 years ago

i LOVE this question.... just because you have two top of the line receivers with very different skill sets... and i would half to chose andre for one simple reason.... he's big enough fast enough and can jump high enough to catch the ball on any defensive back in this league... he's a physical player who would rather run through you then around and thats the football i want on my team...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I Would pick A.J just because he's a lot faster but there is theAdditionall year of age which means he could retire quicker.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Andre, he's more complete. Add to the fact he had Carr throwing to him for a while.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.