Any good, nut-free, recipes for a school potluck?

I'm having a school potluck and i need a good recipe for something to bring. i do have something in mind but i don't have a good recipe. i was thinking some sort of brownie. i'd like to make it myself so please don't suggest anything that involves store bot mixes. they have to be nut-free since its a potluck at school. also, it would be nice if it was something a little unique like raspberry or something like that. you know with a tasty flavour? nothing too complicated though. but it doesn't need to have one. just a nice old fashioned brownie is fine too. i really need help! anything is appreciated! please and thank you! :)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Raspberry swirl brownies

Ingredients

2/3 cups flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup white sugar

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 tablespoons water

1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate baking chips

2 large eggs

1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 cup seedess red raspberry preserves

Method

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (275 degrees F with convection). Spray a 8″ square, glass dish with non-stick spray.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture and spread evenly in the pan.

In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the preserves for about 20 seconds, or until just loose enough to work with. Drop 5 large spoonfuls onto the chocolate batter. Swirl with a knife.

Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out moist with some color on it. Do not over-bake

Remove from the oven, cool to room temperature. Remove from the pan, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Cut with biscuit cutters or a plastic knife

• 9 years ago

Just leave the nuts out of any recipe you pick!! You can also add dried fruits to any recipe instead of the nuts.

I do like your idea of brownies with fruit like raspberries. Look at the store for the dried fruits. Choose a package of whatever catches your fancy and add to brownie recipe, then ie the brownies with thaat flavor juice added to powdered sugar to make a sort of thin glaze!

http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/all/Brownies

I do have my all time favorite brownie recipe, but am too lazy to go find the cookbook it is in.

• 9 years ago

If the nut thing is a big deal, I would steer away from any chocolate. Most labels on chocolate products issue warning that those items may have trace amounts of nuts in them, AND/OR are made in the same places where nuts are used.

You could do a fruit bowl, a cheesecake, lemon bars, homemade ice cream/sorbet?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.