Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 10 years ago

Blue Screen of Death (Windows XP) HELP!!!!!, 0x0000007E error !?

i gave a feeling all the applications i downloaded is the reason why my notebook crashed and got the blue screen of death. I need to know how to fix this and i also wanted to know if there is anyway of doing this without losing my memory, also my notebook is H.P Compaq mini so i dont have no CD ROM/ DVD drive.

Error includes: 0xC0000005, 0x8652B922, 0xF79E7780, 0xF79E74AC

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Blue Screen of Death is a critical error. To stop getting it, try the following solutions one by one:

A) Perform a Clean Boot:

Block all the third party programs while running at the system startup. It will stop loading a malfunctioning program which causes the blue screen of death. Here, you need to use the System Configuration tool.

1. Click Start | Run.

2. Type "MsConfig" and press ENTER.

3. System Configuration will open.

4. In the General tab, select Selective Startup option.

5. Mark Load System Services as checked and Load Startup Items as unchecked.

6. Click Apply| OK.

B) Delete Incorrect Registry Configurations:

Outdated and misleading information stored in your registry cause your computer to show the blue screen of death. By deleting such information, it will get fixed.

Download Reginout registry cleaner and full scan the registry. Fix all the internal problems that were found in the scan. Reboot the machine after you have done

C) Turn Unsupported CMOS Features Off:

CMOS refers to Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor which functions to construct the integrated circuits in your computer.

1. Restart your computer.

2. Press F2 or Delete key to load CMOS settings page.

3. Search the menus and sub-menus and disable the following features:

a. Any virus protected feature activated for your BIOS

b. Plug and Play feature

c. Caching for L2, BIOS and Disk Controllers

d. Shadowing

4. Save the settings by pressing an appropriate key.

D) Change the Startup Type of Specific Device Drivers:

There are some device drivers of which startup type should be changed to Demand rather than the others provided. This can be done through the Device Manager to fix BSOD issue.

1. Click Start | Run.

2. Type DevMgmt.msc and press ENTER.

3. Click View | Show Hidden Devices.

4. Make sure whether the following device drivers are present or not:

a. KMXFW

b. KMXCFG

c. KMXCV

5. If any of the above device drivers exist, right click them and select Properties option.

6. Click Driver tab.

7. Select Demand option from the Startup drop down box.

8. Click OK button.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can download ccleaner for free here: http://bit.ly/1Bk5V5C

First open CCleaner

Go to the Cleaner tab and you will be confronted by a very confusing lineup of checkboxes.

To make this brief, below is my recommended setup:

Under internet explorer check temporary internet files, cookies, and last download location. Most users don't really need this stuff. keep history and bookmarks unchecked, history is a maybe, but you don't want to lose bookmarked sites. You can normally leave Windows Explorer, System, and Advanced alone.

Run CCleaner and it will start deleting files.

afterward it will present you with a list of the files deleted, you really don't need to go through it as it will be several pages long.

The registry cleaner is recommended for slightly more advanced users. Use it after uninstalling programs as they will often leave behind incorrect registry entries.

If you decide to run Registry cleaner then review the items detected and always back up the registry (I keep a folder aside for this)

The Tools tab lets you uninstall programs and set startup programs. Why do you need this if Windows has all of these features? Especially with Vista Home Ed. The windows defender software explorer( startup programs) doesn't pick up some entries (however software explorer is easier to use).

Using CCleaner to uninstall programs and then check for leftover registry entries takes less time.

Under Options you can determine how CCleaner cleans your files. I leave this alone.

• 10 years ago

This is caused by a bad driver. The most common cause is using a dodgy automated driver updater that doesn't properly install the drivers. It can also be caused by a USB device that sends improper requests.

• 10 years ago

1:Google is your friend

2:Get a repair technician

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.