US wants access to binLaden's widows. Does Pakistan owe US that request? If so, why? If not, why?

They are in custody of the Pakistanis.

Should they remain there? (They've already been questioned by Pakistanian officials.)

hummm

don't suppose the US has any right. At all.

and yes people kill people all over the place.

but te US has killed lots of Pakistani innocents as usual.

I doubt Pakistan would be willing. And I don't really blame them.

The end.

hummm

The end.

hummm

The end.

• NDMA
    Favorite Answer

The legal test for extradition is does the US have evidence the named individuals committed a crime within the jurisdiction of the United States. If not then Pakistan should refuse to extradite in accordance with their own laws and International Law.

I'm no dove, but I don't know about forcing his wives to spill on him. Of course questioning them would be ok, but I don't really like going after the guys family unless they are a part of what he did. If the wives were operatives involved, then yep, they should. The 911 attack was a huge crime, and helping Usama is aiding and abetting a monster.

However I don't really see Pakistan as allies, they were playing along to get the money and playing games hiding Usama. They hide the Taliban and AlQueda terrorists in Pakistan. That's not even cool.

Hard to know where this will go, but I'd cut funding to them and help out India in Cashmere if they want to be our enemies. That's the way that goes.

Pakistan betrayed us. They owe us that plus a lot more.

• They harbored him because he was their spiritual leader, and like a God to them.

He lived in a city of 400,000. He lived withen a mile of three military bases, one of them was the equivalent of West Point. He lived less than 40 miles from the capital of Islamabad. The compound was built to conceal a high leval target six years ago.

Obviously the Pakistani government, at some leval, had to know he was there. Who else could have possibly be living in this fortress in the middle of a large city? Also, Bin Laden had no security guards in the fortress, indicating he felt no threat there. Pakistan betrayed the United States, even worse than Benedict Arnold. The question is, what do we do about it?

Yes we should have access to widows who were around Bin Laden, for sure, head of al queda. We can't trust Pakistan in this, or any other country for accurate information.

Torturing and waterboarding women by CIA and FBI.

Isn't that what the West accuses the Muslim world of -- mistreatment of women.

Ya gotta love sexism and the little problems it creates.

Perhaps we should put a hold on their next aid check if we are denied access.

• R J

Well i guess that depends on how much hef is willing to pay them