I have a almost 5 month old question to ask?

o.k so my daughter is almost 5 months and during the night she will wake up and start talking to herself. She won't get upset she will just talk! And I am afraid that she will wake up my husband (we have her in our room) but in her own crib. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment, but my 23 month old has his own room for now. My question is, should I let her talk?? or should I go in? I try to nurse her and she doesn't seem too hungry..more tired if anything. Also, she tends to get up on the early side like 5:30 am or 6 am. Her bedtime is between 7 and 7:30 pm. Thanks!

• Bonini
    Favorite Answer

My daughter is nearly 6 months old and she does the same thing. Sometimes, though, the talking turns into crying if she lays there long enough without some sort of acknowledgment. Usually I will go in and say hi, pop her pacifier back in her mouth, and she goes back to sleep.

• ?

hi, as a mum of 4 ,all grown up now and 1 grandchild i no all about the weird and wonderful differences each one can have. a child may well lay for an hr or two girgling or babbleing its all part of the brains awakening and learning, id say its probably very hard work to have 2 so young but hey they grow up together play share school etc so its cool too, id suggest that you take the baby and add it to the room with your other child in the next month or two as that way they will bond more become closer and he will look out for the little sis if she awakens early and he wakes they can play till you and hubby wake up too.id suggest that you put baby down an hr later after a nice bath prior to bed,that often gets them to sleep a little longer,also the 2 yr old will learn how to help amuse little sis while mummy makes brekkie in morning and kids play chat and giggle at many times during sleep as dreams are vivid and all the fun they had during the day pops back into thier sleep.kids are just great arnt they ?, your lucky baby chats rather than screams and be grateful they are hapy healthy and full of interest.good luck.

Source(s): personal exp.

Have you tried putting her to bed a bit later? she may just not be tired enough to sleep so shes nattering to herself....or giv her a soft non noisy toy to play with? obviously take it away when she falls back to sleep again.

x