What are some good fantasy/sci-fi books for teens.?

I'm 14, and these are my absolute favourite genres. But I can't find anymore ones that appeal to me.

I've read many, and I'm not really into the whole girly Sarah Dessen thing. I like action, with a little bit of that girlyness :) Things like the Hunger games, Harry Potter, Uglies, etc. I've read a lot, so I'll hope to see some new ones :D

Favorite Answer

The Incomplete Enchanter.

"The "Harold Shea" Stories is a name given to a series of five science fantasy stories by the collaborative team of L. Sprague de Camp and Fletcher Pratt and to its later continuation by de Camp alone, Christopher Stasheff, Holly Lisle, John Maddox Roberts, Roland J. Green, Frieda A. Murray, Tom Wham, and Lawrence Watt-Evans. De Camp and Stasheff collectively oversaw the continuations. The series is also known as the "Enchanter" series, the "Incomplete Enchanter series" after the first collection of them, or the "Compleat Enchanter" series.

In the original stories psychologist Harold Shea and his colleagues Reed Chalmers, Walter Bayard, and Vaclav Polacek (Votsy), travel to various parallel worlds where ancient myths and legends are reality. In the course of their travels other characters are added to the main cast, notably Belphebe and Florimel, who become the wives of Shea and Chalmers, and Pete Brodsky, a policeman who is accidentally swept up into the chaos. In the later continuations the most notable addition to the cast is Voglinda, the young daughter of Shea and Belphebe."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shea

The series is pretty funny at times. I read them many years ago and never forgot them.

Fantasy:

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series – Rick Riordan

The Inheritance Cycle – Christopher Paolini

The Mortal Instruments Series – Cassandra Clare

The Wheels Of Time Series – Robert Jordan

Sci-fi:

Maximum Ride Series – James Patterson

Artemis Fowl (Eoin Colfer) is a really good series! So is The Alchemyst Series (Michael Scott, i think) and A Series that starts with The Exiled Queen as book one and a book is The Supernaturalists (Eoin Colfer, I think) and Another series is The Witch and Wizard Series by James Patterson and another series is one that begins with The Warrior Heir (Cinda Chima, or something like that). I could go on all day on the subject but I'll just stop now lol

Source(s): I'm 14, and love fantasy/sci-fi books also! lol
  • I'm 14

Beautiful Creatures (#1) and Beautiful Darkness (#2) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

In The Forests of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Token of Darkness by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Intertwined (#1) and Unraveled (#2) by Gena Showalter

Shiver (#1) and Linger (#2) by Maggie Stiefvater

Clockwork Angel (#1) (Prequel series to Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (#1), City of Ashes (#2), City of Glass (#3) and City of Fallen Angels (#4) (The Mortal Instruments series) by Cassandra Clare

Hush Hush (#1) and Crescendo (#2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Angel Experiment (#1), School’s Out Forever (#2), Saving The World and Other Extreme Sports (#3), The Final Warning (#4), MAX (#5), FANG (#6), ANGEL (#7) [Maximum Ride series by James Patterson]

GONE (#1), HUNGER (#2), LIES (#3), PLAGUE (#4) [GONE series] by Michael Grant

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

13 Days To Midnight by Patrick Carman

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Willow by Julia Hoban

I love the Eragon series! Also try;

Maximum Ride

The Chronicales of Narnia

The Mortal Instruments! City of bones is the first

Witch and Wizard, The Gift

Roswell series- there is the Roswell High ones and the Roswell ones that continued the tv series after it was cancelled. I have both series at my public library, so i hope you do too, they are awesome!

• Breezy

The Pendragon Series. VERY good series

Have you tried Garth Nix' "Abhorsen Chronicles" trilogy? "Sabriel", "Lirael", and "Abhorsen" are the titles.

I also recommend Meredith Ann Pierce's "DarkAngel" trilogy: "The DarkAngel", "A Gathering of Gargoyles", and "The Pearl of the Soul of the World".

• ?

Take a look at Bookstars.info. Lots of good books there, many free!

I really like a couple of books that aren't in my genre but were really good... here they are-

- Saving sky

-the running dream

-porcupine

* I hope you will enjoy them as mush as i did and hope this helped