why was human target cancelled despite high ratings?

i've read that human target was cancelled due to "low" ratings but (according to wikipedia ratings lists) it has higher/similar ratings compared to some shows that have been renewed (like burn notice for example). so why was it cancelled then?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. you're comparing Fox to USA... Fox is a on air broadcast network, while USA is basic cable

2. Fox has always had a short attention span for TV shows that don't set the ratings on fire by episode 2 (see Keen Eddie, Firefly, John Doe)

3. the powers at networks have different standards of success from broadcast to cable.. a success on cable might be considered a flop on Broadcast ie if Burn Notice were on NBC (USA's parent company) it never would have lasted the 4 seasons we've gotten on USA so far (with 2 more expected)

4. I'm amazed that Human Target was even renewed for a 2nd season in the first place considering Fox's track record

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

While it is True Human Target had High Ratings similar to Burn Notice. Human Target was on Fox where as Burn Notice is on USA. What's high ratings for Cable is low for Network.

In other news, Fox does it again! Human Targets replacement, another hour of American Iceholes no doubt!

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why was human target cancelled despite high ratings?

i've read that human target was cancelled due to "low" ratings but (according to wikipedia ratings lists) it has higher/similar ratings compared to some shows that have been renewed (like burn notice for example). so why was it cancelled then?

Source(s): human target cancelled high ratings: https://biturl.im/k4LfM
  • 3 years ago

Burn Notice Canceled

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Hannah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awBHh

The mean-spirited far-right-wing conjobs who lead the GOP around by the nose and any other conveniently located protuberance put me in mind of the giant cockroaches in the Orkin add that every ruse or dirty trick possible sneak their way inside so they can run rampant, override any and every protection (afforded by the Constitution, for example), and leave destruction in their wake. Legitimate popularity does indeed mystify and frighten the propaganda-dependent right-wing extremists, just as did President Clinton's, Barack Obama's, Hillary Clinton's, and now Michelle Obama's. Since their mean-spiritedness and dependence upon lies or hype and hyperbole have rendered most of them unlikeable (9% approval rating, last I heard), my guess is these neocons are desperate to somehow undermine the Obamas' popularity, as evidenced by the redneck-driven and highly inappropriate "boos" that were a SET UP at NASCAR for our nation's First Lady Michelle Obama and Second Lady Dr. Jill Biden, who were invited (supposedly) to serve as Grand Masters and to introduce their guests of honor, a military war veteran, his wife, and the couples four small children. The ANNOUNCER (a religious-extremist right-wingers in on the public putdown, I'm betting) stole First Lady Obama's role and he also deliberately (I think) VIOLATED PROTOCOL by not introducing the highest-ranking dignitary FIRST (which would have been First Lady Michelle and her partner in attendance Jill Biden) and then allowing the FIRST LADY to introduce her guest and his family to the audience. I'm hoping that the SPONSORS and AD BUYERS support our nation's electorate and our First Family by PULLING ADS in protest. NASCAR OFFICIALS owe PUBLIC APOLOGIES to both Jill Biden and First Lady Michelle, but also to the veteran and his family!

• 4 years ago

Because Fox, they are assholes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

may be they don need this rightly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.