Can a 16 year old girl date a 20 year old boy in Canada?

I heard from many people that it's LEGAL for a 16 year old to date a 20 year old (4 years difference), but I also heard that it's ILLEGAL. Is it legal or illegal?

Favorite Answer

Dating is always legal.

Having sex isn't always legal.

The age of consent in Canada is 16, so sex is legal.

The real question is whether or not you want to be in a legal but stupid relationship.

what would a 20 year old man want with a 16 year old girl? its not appropriate and if a 20 year old man can't figure that out then there is something wrong with him.

No its legal but some people think its imoral but if you love each other and dont use eachother then it sgudnt matter for example im 21 and my fiance is 16 so ya if you have sny more questions on this feel free to email me at cee342@yahoo.com hope this helps goodluck ;))

To be trustworthy, i've got not got a issue with it in my view as long as he's emotionally mature adequate to be in a relationship. i in my view would possibly under no circumstances date a woman that develop into sixteen, using fact for me it variety of feels icky yet thats probable societal norms. i think of this is greater suited when you consider which you're woman. even however I think of your acquaintances/ kin does no longer be accepting in any respect, if my close buddy began relationship/ residing with a minor i could be very offended. i'm no longer attempting to be an *** merely trustworthy. Im in the states, i dont be attentive to the guidelines up in CA yet that relationship could be unlawful and you'd be a statutory rapist in the eyes of our united states of america. i think of i'm changing my concepts as i'm scripting this, you're too old for him, its probable an somewhat comfortable relationship using fact he desires you and is probable very affectionate. you're fairly achieveable filling a mom roll in his eyes (i make lunch for him), and this could be risky for the two certainly one of you. Its stressful when you consider which you reside with him now yet i think of you're walking down a street that doesnt lead everywhere. Yeah, for my section undesirable concept i think of you will desire to bail, this is probable the toughest element to do yet this cant be good. good success i wish you nicely feels like a foul project.

First of all why would u want to thats weird go for someone your own age thats just sick

ohhhh don't go there... This is probably illegal and not okay morally either..

it's shmegle