Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

What do you think about the band M83? Which ones are the best songs of them?

and can u tell me another similar bands plz :)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Punch
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a few bands that remind me of M83..

Slowdive was a dream pop / shoegaze band formed in 1989, lasting until 1995. The band was formed in Reading, Berkshire, England and signed to Creation Records in the UK. Initially championed by the British music press, the band scored a UK top forty entry with their debut album Just For A Day.

The Album Leaf officially began in 1998 as the solo project of Jimmy LaValle, guitarist for San Diego, California-based post-rock band Tristeza. LaValle has also performed in several other San Diego-area bands, including Swing Kids, The Locust, GoGoGo Airheart, and The Black Heart Procession.

The Radio Dept. is a Swedish pop band signed to Labrador Records. They have released three full length albums, and a series of singles and EPs. The band originated in Lund, Sweden.

Sigur Rós are an Icelandic post-rock band. The name is derived from the name of lead vocalist Jónsi Birgisson's little sister Sigurrós. They hail from the same creative and vibrant Icelandic music scene as múm and Amiina. They released their first ever foray into film-making with their tour documentary, Heima in late 2007.

Telefon Tel Aviv is a music collective based in Chicago, IL started by Josh Eustis and the late Charlie Cooper of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Ulrich Schnauss was born in the northern German town of Kiel in 1977. During his formative years, he came to love a wide spectrum of music, ranging from My Bloody Valentine to Tangerine Dream, from Chapterhouse to early bleep and breakbeat tracks. There was not much opportunity to see his musical heroes in Kiel, so he moved to Berlin in 1996.

Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand.

Explosions In The Sky is an American instrumental post-rock band, which formed in Austin, Texas in 1999. Munaf Rayani, Mark Smith, and Michael James had just moved to Austin from Midland, Texas, and drummer Chris Hrasky had just moved to Austin from Rockford, Illinois.

Hammock is the ambient/post-rock project of composers Marc Byrd and Andrew Thompson. They debuted Hammock in early 2005 with the full length album Kenotic.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Damn it Punch, I was gonna say Slowdive.

You might like Starflyer 59 if you like M83.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They're cool.

The best song by them in my opinion is We Own The Sky.

Source(s): Sorry, I don't know of any bands like them. :|
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.