HP Desktop with build-in Wireless LAN ?

I know not much about computers, so please help ..

I am looking at the this : HP Pavilion Desktop Computer featuring Intel Core i5-650 Processor (P6642F)

it states that it has the Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

so is this means that the computer can hook up any WI-FI network automatically?

thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

wireless lan is just a fancy way of saying wireless nic card. you still need to choose what network to conenct too. After you connect to it once you have an option that will allow you ro connect automaticlly to a network with that name on it again

• OR1234

I have an HP desktop with Wifi. The support is via a second little circuit board that is mounted against the back wall just above the case fan, not on the motherboard. There's coax cable to a connector on the back panel and an external magnetic mount wifi antenna I could set on top or anywhere nearby. Not wanting wifi support on my desktop, I turned it off in the BIOS and disconnected the little board and removed the antenna.

OK, that's more than you asked. Yes, it means it supports wifi, just like nearly all laptops.

Take the very own laptop downstairs and notice if it connects. If it does there ought to be some obstruction to the sign out of your router to the upstairs. i think you additionally can take between the laptops upstairs to work out if it quite works there. If the laptop works upstairs, you probable desire a sparkling community adapter or diverse drivers.