How many people hated the way Smallville series finale ended?

I am sooooooo disapointed in how many loose ends and holes the writers left in the story

one at the end jimmy olsen being cast in the story a third time first in the earlier seasons jimmy wasn't called jimmy but he was a classmate of Clark's and he and Clark had a conflict when "jimmy" go Clark's powers after holding a meteor rock and being struck by lightning while clark touched him, the second time is when "jimmy" brook out from meteorfreak jail to try and get clarks powers back again, then later on he is cast as jimmy olsen ( a totally different person from clarks classmate though they look exactly the same) jimmy dies in the series and then on the finale his younger brother who also happens to look exactly the same appears? i also don't know what the hell happened to all the other heroes and LANA who had superpowers last time i checked the same as clarks. and darkside was totally messed up by the writers darkside is not a spirit that takes over weak human bodies he has his on physical form with ultimate laser vision and super strength and invulnerability i dont know why the writers made darkside so spiritual. and finally i would have been nice to see Tom welling actually try to fit the role a little better and work out superman is not a flabby guy he is cut during this final season he looked a little bigger on the finale he looked like he slimmed down but he still didn't look strong.

Please give your opinion on the show.

Best Answer

Aaron Ashmore was cast as big-brother/dead-now Jimmy Olsen and as little-brother/alive-now Jimmy Olsen. The other time when you're thinking of with the meteor freak obsessed with Chloe was actually played by Aaron Ashmore's twin brother. I know, it's mind-bending. After like season 8 or so, I decided to go back and watch some old seasons and I paused on his face with my jaw dropped. I IMDB searched it to find that his twin brother had been cast way back when. Aye.

Kinda weird how Jimmy and his little brother have the same face, name, job, and voice, but they aren't supposed to be twins? Obviously the writers screwed the first Jimmy up and said "hey, let's start fresh with his little brother."

Dude, as I read your question I feel like I'm the one who asked it because I feel the same way. What happened to the other heroes? The only ones we know what's up with are Superman, Supergirl, and Green Arrow. And so there's no more Watchtower at all? And what about Dr. Emil? I totally HATED Lana Lang, but I REALLY wanted her to come back, if only for a few minutes, so they could wrap things up with her.

Darkseid was a little weird. It did seem like religious almost? Apocalypse? Rapture? Spirit-y? And when Oliver's eyes go dark when he's "possessed", it looked like he was a demon straight of of "Supernatural."

The suit. Oh boy. Yeah, they could have done better.

What you didn't mention that pissed me off was the Lex/Tess ending. Forreal? Tess had to die? And nothing with Lex makes any sense at all. The more I try to make it make sense, the more I find that doesn't fit. How in the world did he become president? His records say he's evil, crazy, and most importantly, dead? Besides having to be 35 and a US resident, I believe your records have to show you've never been dead. And Lionel, well, he confused me.

Despite ALLLLLLL of these problems, Erica Durance and Tom Welling were amazing. Acting win, I'd say. They totally made the episode worth it.They are so great together and played their parts so well, I even cried a bit. Especially with that "Breathe Again" song. Awesome.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, too!

one at the end jimmy olsen being cast in the story a third time first in the earlier seasons jimmy wasn't called jimmy but he was a classmate of Clark's and he and Clark had a conflict when "jimmy" go Clark's powers after holding a meteor rock and being struck by lightning while clark touched him, the second time is when "jimmy" brook out from meteor freak jail to try and get Clark's powers back again, then later on he is cast as jimmy olsen ( a totally different person from Clark's classmate though they look exactly the same) jimmy dies in the series and then on the finale his younger brother who also happens to look exactly the same appears?

-- OK.. A you're confused by the twin Brothers shawn and Aaron Ashmore... one played Eric... the classmate who got Clark's powers... and reappeared as the same character later on... along with 2 other repeat villains

-- then the Other one was cast as Jimmy-- a guy Chloe met.. and apparently slept with between seasons 2 and 3 -- and later reunited with and married -- this was revealed to be "Henry James Olsen" who is older Brother to James Bartholomew Olsen-- or "canon Jimmy" .. as the little brother -- it's plausible to have him look like his big brother

-- Personally I thought the old-school costume was a bit much

i also don't know what the hell happened to all the other heroes and LANA who had superpowers last time i checked the same as Clark's.

-- Tess mentioned help from Manhunter with getting the satellite images-- the lack of appearances comes down to actor availability and costs -- considering ma, and pa, Lionel, Jor El.. and a voice Cameo from Perry the acting budget was already high -- plus with as 'full' as the show was anyone appearing would have been glorified cameos

and Darkseid was totally messed up by the writers dark side is not a spirit that takes over weak human bodies he has his on physical form with ultimate laser vision and super strength and invulnerability i don't know why the writers made Darkseid so spiritual.

-- again matters of Budget with using the Canon form of Darkseid -- He's 9 feet tall has skin like Granite and wears Gogo boots and a women's one piece bathing suit -- there is no way to pull that off on a TV show budget and have him interact with the world... as far as cop-outs go this was 'decent' although a bit too Fifth Element if you really think about it (and TW is no Milla Jovavich)

and finally i would have been nice to see Tom welling actually try to fit the role a little better and work out superman is not a flabby guy he is cut during this final season he looked a little bigger on the finale he looked like he slimmed down but he still didn't look strong.

-- I think that is a matter of Spandex not being his friend -- unless you are specifically 'cut' it's going to make you look smaller -- look at some pro wrestlers who wear the long Tights compared to when they wear Street Clothes -- Adam Copeland/Edge and Chris Jericho back in the day are 2 prime examples

-- another problem here is the "Catching AF1" and 'hurtling Apokalips' Scenes were done in CGI and I don't think they took the time to 'match' up the CGI Model with Tom's body type

I agree the Jimmy issue was a mistake but to say Tom Welling wasn't a good fit is ludicrous. I wish they would use him for the movie because he is perfect. As far as the darkside dilemma, I also agree they made it too spiritual but let's face it this is not you parents superman. This take on superman is quite different from the original but isn't that what makes it great. I am happy with how it ended and I will miss my Friday night routine.

Have you ever picked up a comic in your life? I have always seen Smallville as on of DC's Elseworlds, a parallel reality to the mainstream DC continuity where things are similar but also different. And about the Ashmore family of actors you are getting siblings mixed up Aaron Ashmore played Jimmy whiles Shawn Ashmore played Clark's Meteor Freak classmate. And the "Jimmy" who was killed by Doomsday a few years back was Henry James "Jimmy" Olsen. The photographer from the comics (seen in the epilogue) was Jimmy Olsen. Darkseid was fine, who cares if he wasn't a physical being, a dark force makes him much more menacing. And he has Omega beams not "ultimate laser vision" tool!

I liked all the subtle nods.

The War Engine Apokalypse

The Anti-Life Equation

The Listening Post

Justice League's Lunar Base

President Lex

The one thing that bugged me was the convenient mind erasing potion Tess smeared on Lex erasing his memory of Clark Kent.

You absolute retard.

You need to check your facts before you ask stupid questions.

The meteor freak was NOT jimmy olsen, it was the guy who played jimmy olsen's brother.

You don't know what happened to Lana, you obviously don't watch the show. She had to leave because she absorbed kryptonite so couldn't be near clark.

The writer's can do what they want with the characters as....wait for it.......they are the ones writing it. It would be boring if all the different versions of superman were the same, with exactly the same villains..

You are a complete moron.

Source(s): Me and my non retardedness

oh boy ok first of all the jimmy you talk about with the meteor rock, was NOT jimmy. it was a different character. you got confused casue the actor that played that character is in real life brother to the actor who played the jimmy we saw later as the photographer and who married chloe... so in other words, the two brothers got play characters on SV at different seasons of sv and the jimmy from tonight's finale was the same one but they did like a thing to bring back the jimmy character that the comics know to be young right? they just used the same actor to give the SV fans a little treat to an old fave character. hope i made sense!

as for the other heroes, you have to remember, this was about clark kent becoming superman..it was about a boy growing up in smallville, going through life different, understanding his destiny and having a normal and hero life at the same time.. all the superheroes that came through the show were just the beginning for the this story of how they met, how they became friends with clark kent and we see how superman and green arrow truly become best friends {according to SV that is since i know the sv story is different from the comics}.., if the show would continue then we would see more of the other heroes.

as for lana, uumm she did get that supersuit thing right totally lined with kryptonite, why would she come back knowing that she can hurt him? that is why she left to not harm him right? but again according to SV she is off saving the world!

darksied- dont know much about that just that it was an enemy of superman so i gotta do some digging on that. i did find it off that it over took so many people and and in just a few seconds ck blasted through it like nothing and it was gone. kinda like the doomsday fight that too was kinda off.it was too quick...

i gotta say that i liked it..remember it was smallville, the story of the boy who would become superman.. i liked that it ended so that the story we have from the comics continues in our imaginations..the SV ended where the superman we know continues..

i just loved the music at the end, the run, the showing of the suit and the storytelling of chloe's comic book to her son, i thought it was good, bringing the comic side with the SV side like that..

Source(s): a huge fan of sv and loving the finale!!

Honestly, I wonder how Clark would be able to push away a planet even though he is superman and all. Remember, when you land on a planet, its like you being on earth.. How he hell would he push it, its like saying he could literally push the earth away.

Easy for a rock not a planet.. Should have done better there.

It wasn't bad could always be better i guess

They'll probably make movies now

I LOVED IT!