Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

What can coconut oil do for your hair ?

ive heard that it does lots of things for your hair, and for other things .. can you please name me the good things it can do ? in nofrills it sells coconut oil (dont know if its at all nofrills) but i dont know if its pure... does it still have the same benifits ? thanks please answer asap as i heard yahoo answers will not be available on monday. thaanks again for your time

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is good...it will make it shiny, smooth and help mend split ends if you need that. But if you have dandruff or oily hair it probably is not good. I have split ends so i have done that it makes it feel good and soft.

Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. Regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs, even if your scalp is dry. Coconut oil is extensively used in the Indian sub-continent for hair care. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair. It is therefore used as hair care oil and used in manufacturing various conditioners, and dandruff relief creams. Coconut oil is normally applied topically for hair care.

Coconut oil is one of the best oils for your hair (but only the organic virgin kind). It helps to lock in moisture by coating the hair strands, which most oils do when put on hair, but what's great about coconut oil is how light it is, so hair won't feel greasy. What also makes coconut oil great for hair (and skin) is its affinity for protein. Coconut oil is one of the only oils that can penetrate the hair shaft and it binds to the protein in your hair meaning less breakage and split ends. Women in India swear by it and everyone knows they have beautiful hair.

The only thing is coconut oil is not a styling product, so it won't do anything for your hair besides protect it, so you'll probably have to use something else with it, which sucks if you don't like a bunch of products in your hair. But what you can do is use coconut oil as a deep conditioner and shampoo it out after 15 to 20 minutes or you can use an even lighter oil like grape seed oil which high in vitamin e and great for hair but won't make you feel like you have a million things on your hair if you use it with something else.

to use: you rub it in, it's best when you go to bed OR if in day rub in if you want you can wrap tin foil around your head ..but its very VERY good for your hair not just for growing, but for shine it makes your hair healthy too. Coconut oil is also great for your skin.

Overall, coconut oil is AWESOME.

The coconut oil from nofrills would definitely have the same benefits. You should for sure get some, it's great!

good luck;) hope i helped!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Learn the Coconut Oil Secret!

• 4 years ago

The hair is not just a part of your body and it is a symbol of beauty, status and health. It is important for you to take proper care of your health in order to prevent early hair loss. Learn here https://bitly.im/aOqL8 It is not a very serious problem and with a little bit of caution you will be able to prevent further hair loss. There are certain uncontrollable factors like pregnancy conditions or certain illness or genetic factors that will result in hair loss. But, this does not mean that you cannot do something about your hair loss.

• 9 years ago

It's like lotion for your hair. Moisturizes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

it make hair grow faster and make smooth and shinny

Source(s): for more hair care , color and styles tips click here http://hairtips.cz.cc/
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.