Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 years ago

Poll: Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Favorite Answer

No it doesn't. If you expect the unexpected it's no longer unexpected making unexpected non existent.

You can't expect the unexpected simply because it's unexpected. You following this contradiction. I've answered this before and got best answer, it wasn't you again was it?

Actually, expecting the unexpected makes the unexpected expected ironically makes the unexpected expected which therefore makes the expected unexpected.

Well sort of, but the unexpected just falls back into expected as we did expect the supposed 'unexpected' after all.

Basically having "plan B" potential is expecting the unexpected.

With a good alternative plan b , u may be able to anticipate the unexpected.

I'd expect expecting the unexpected could tend towards fulfilling self-fullfilling prophecy

Yes

• Phoebe

I would snap my fingers and dim the lights. the music would start to play and we would dance. Suddenly a curtain opens up behind us and the big band starts to play a jolly tune and i must say the trumpets are really kickin it! Now you could twirl me once or twice and take a bow with your top hat in one hand and i would gasp, "Maaaaahvelous daaaahling simply maaaahvelous!"

Source(s): Expect THAT?

Yes.

Yes. What a crazy world we live in.

No.

Eggplant