Have you ever noticed that the vast majority of Christians act nothing like Christ or how they are suppose to?

act in the bible (I mean the sanitized NT not the vile OT)?

In my experience Christians (at least ones that claim to be) will generally screw you over before an atheist or agnostic will.

JLA - "In my experience" and i am asking for other opinions

Favorite Answer

“I like your Christ;

I do not like your Christians.

Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

– Mahatma Gandhi

you make a good observation and even this is prophesied in the the bible regarding the state of the church at the time of end times events. the bible predicts the falling away of many and a worldly church. You see that has occurred. The word of God directs Christians to really live a Godly standard and a life that is actually to be seen on a quite different plain. Yet all the things that are defined in scripture that would separate us from the normal culture have mostly been broken down. There are still many God fearing people who do live a different sort of existence but it is supposed to be the whole and not the few.

• m

Well, in your "Sanitized NT" there is the parable of the Ten Virgins. Five were wise and five were foolish. But they were all Virgins. It's symbolic for the reality that it's about fifty-fifty between those who talk the talk and those who WALK the talk...and who knows...maybe that's just referring to women who claim Christ as their savior.

There is another NT thought...

Many are called but few are chosen. Matthew 22:14...another parable about how some people will get it and some people won't.

Sure you'll meet alot of so called Christians in your life that don't get it. That should not really concern you. The most important question for you is:

Do YOU get it. Are YOU living a good life? Because you seem to "get it" enough to recognize when people err from the truth...

so are you going to live it? Can you accept that when you have made mistakes a Savior can atone for them?

Or will you just condemn it because of those who aren't living it right? Will you just try to believe that when we die there is no judgement and so you can just do what you want because nothing really matters.

It does matter. That's why you are noticing the discrepencies.

Stuff to think about. I wish you well.

All Christians fail to perfectly live up to the standard the Bible teaches. No Christian has ever been perfectly Christ-like. However, there are many Christians who are genuinely seeking to live the Christian life and are relying more and more on the Holy Spirit to convict, change, and empower them. There have been multitudes of Christians who have lived their lives free from scandal. No Christian is perfect, but making a mistake and failing to reach perfection in this life is not the same thing as being a hypocrite.

I Have found that people who accuse others of false christianity do so without ever speaking to them one on one and "think" they know the story, when in fact they don't, This is bearing False witness and a sin of course and the spirit of God is not in them,

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christians-hypocrites....

Living Above the Level of Mediocrity

By: Charles R. Swindoll

http://www.christianbook.com/living-above-the-leve...

Well, since Christ was Jewish (which makes him the most worshipped Jew in history because Jews don't practice idolatry) it would be hard for a non-Jew to act as a Jew. And at this point in human history, we're all just finding new ways to screw each other over, doesn't matter who it is.

There is no christian here with truth in them.

All of them are hypocrites.

If you follow their responded answers to a few question posted you will see the hypocrisy in them. Especially those that have received the most best answer or proclaim themselves spirit filled christians. They will paint a picture of the goodness of Christ and even dare to use the words of God to justify their answers.

They are the one that will block any one that exposed their hypocrisy and will report abused to your answer or question.

Beware of those Christian, they are worst than the devil.

Well, I've not met the "vast majority of Christians" so I couldn't tell you. But that is true of the majority of the ones I've met.

• Thomas

Yes, I realized I couldn't live up to the hypocrisy of religion and only follow Jesus.

• Fred

But they do act like the god of the bible; petty, jealous, vindictive, hateful, and violent.

They are just following their Jesus;

Luke 14:26 If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

• yesmar

Unfortunately, yes.