Do parents/family deserve respect.?

parents and family always assume they automatically deserve your respect either because they are your parents/relative. I am now 30 years old with children and I do not believe i deserve their respect unless I have earned it from them by being a good father . Looking back on my family and parents only one... show more parents and family always assume they automatically deserve your respect either because they are your parents/relative.

I am now 30 years old with children and I do not believe i deserve their respect unless I have earned it from them by being a good father .

Looking back on my family and parents only one parent and one family member actually deserved my respect or or any ones for that matter.

Why do these people think they deserve respect without 1st showing they deserve it?

Do you think relatives deserve automatic respect from other family members or younger family members.

Did your parents deserve respect?

If you are a parent do you think your kids should respect you simply because you are their parent?

A reason why you feel the way you do would also be nice :)
Update: @z it was their choice to bring that child in to this world not that child's, so how difficult being a parent has nothing to do with the child. You can not expect a child to respect you simply because you gave it life especially in this world, You choose to be a parent that child did not choose you.