Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

Did Israel drop the first bombs?

Does anyone know who dropped the first bombs in the war against palestine? Were they provoked or...? Does anyone have any good info on this?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

There was no State of Israel before 1948 as we know it today.

The Arabs were quite happy to sell worthless land too the Jewish refugees from Europe

prior to WW2 and just as willing to kill the Jews and steal it back once the Jewish people developed it.

There never was a country known as Palestine per se "owned" by a Arab Palestinian population, before the British took control of the region known as Palestine it was under the control of the Turkish Ottoman Empire.

The British were willing to hand it over to Arab control, however the Jewish population fearing they would be massacred out of hand, started a war for Independence, which they won, fighting against Arab Militias and Jordanian / Syrian military troops, no bombs could be dropped by the Jewish as they had no air-force, and no armour (apart from a few British tanks given as gifts by their British crews who sympathized with the Jewish people.).

Historically the Muslim Arabs and Jews were under the domination of the Roman Empire, followed by the Persian Empire after the Christian Crusades from Europe.

Source(s): Served with U.N.I.F.I.L. Peace-keeping Forces on the Israeli-Lebanon Border zone.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

palestine attacked first with more of arab countries that outnumbered israel.

in the end israel won

• MacG
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The first bombs were detonated by Palestinians. Palistinians don't drop bombs, they wear them.

• S B
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

What is this Palestine you speak of?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yep, Israel dropped the first bombs by actually coming as millions of refugees from Europe into a land that they hadn't lived in for over 2000 years and by taking over the native population.

I think that pretty much settles the question as to "who started it?"

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's always their fault :|

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.