For guys, what do you think of a 21 year old who doesn't hook up?

I'm a 21 year old female who does not hook up (aka have sex with anyone that I'm not in a relationship with) but I've been getting a lot of grief from friends, specifically my female friends, about not doing so, since they all hook up. I've been out with a few guys and most of my guy friends are cool with me not hooking up (they'll joke around about me having sex with them but won't pressure me) but my two female roommates specifically are always pressuring me and making jokes about me not hooking up. From a guy's point of view, do you respect a girl who doesn't hook up, and also from a girl's point of view, would you judge your fenale friends about it?

Favorite Answer

Yeeessss! I would only respect girls like you. I think its great that your not a big whore and doing this means that your actually a respectable WOMAN. I dont respect whores/ sluts but do respect girls like you.

Source(s): Me
  • Nick

I wouldn't worry about it, just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to. Do it when you feel right about it and when you want to do it, yeah we respect you girls who don't and those two girls that you call "friends" aren't friends, they're losers for giving you a hard time about your decision.