My ear won't pop help?

I had an ear ach and used some ear medicine last night for it. Now my ear is plugged and I can't seem to get it to pop. Any tips,

The ear ach was caused by a cold.

I have shaken my head, plugged my other ear and nose and blew, tried warm water, chewing gum, yawning,trying to let it drain on it's own, but nothing

Favorite Answer

If your ears became stopped up after a cold, it is probably due to congestion. I would suggest you take a nasal decongestant like pseudoephedrine or phenylephrine. That being said, those products can cause increased blood pressure, so you should avoid them if you have hypertesnion. Additionally, they can keep you awake at night, so you should not take them near bedtime.

I usually have a couple of bad colds each year, and my ear will become stopped up after a week or two. The nasal decongestant usually help me.

If you have had your cold symptoms for longer than 7 days, the doctor may be able to give you some antibiotics to help as well.

Sometimes it helps to pour water in it let it sit a second or to then flip your head to the other side quickly let and let it drain.

Shake your head or chew gum

put your chin on your chest, then swallow.