Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 decade ago

Is Niagara Falls the most beautiful city/part of the United States?

Favorite Answer

Niagra Falls is very cool, but I don't think it's the most beautiful thing in the US. There are beautiful places all across the country, but I think most of them are in the West. The Rocky Mountains, Glacier National Park. Yosemite. Yellowstone. The Grand Canyon. The coast of Northern California. The redwood forests.

Niagra Falls was the first big 'natural wonder' to be developed for tourism in the US on a large scale. So today it's surrounded by motels and giftshops and restaurants, it's almost like a big city with a waterfall in the middle. Other natural wonders are more . . . well, -natural-.

Niagara Falls would most likely be voted the LEAST beautiful city in the United States. You have a horrible view of the falls compared with its Canadian counterpart. And the rest of the city is abandoned industrial buildings. And Jimmy Carter had a problem on his with the Love Canal neighborhood which had been a chemical waste landfill.

No. And, the Canadian side of the Falls is prettier than the US side, frankly.

The US if full of beautiful places, but not necessarily the cities. Depends on what you mean by "beautiful"....

Just returned from a trip to Hawaii, and I'd have to say that that was some of the most beautiful parts of the country I've ever seen!

Niagara Falls is in Canada. The US side is for all intent and purpose in Buffalo, NY which ain't so beautiful IMHO.

Nope

Most beautiful part of the nation: rural northern Arizona

most beautiful city; Seattle

as to the person who said Forks, I've been there. It is unimpressive, there are more beautiful parts of Washington, and you don't have to travel far

Source(s): ..

In my book, Niagara Falls barely makes the top 100 great places in the US.

The US is filled with gorgeous areas!!

Source(s): Been to 43 US states. I've been to the US side of Niagara Falls but not the Canadian side.

No I think that Lake Superiors Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore is. the boat cruise is a must

nope. If you ever go on a trip go to Forks Washington

It could be, but it's more of a personal preference depending who you talk to.

• Marvin