Adele's song "Rolling in the Deep"?

Could you give a line by line analysis of Adele's song "Rolling in the Deep"?

And what the general theme/meaning of the song is?

Thanks.

PS- i need this for school tomorrow, so ASAP would be great. :)

Favorite Answer

There's a fire starting in my heart: She means that she's starting to be enraged inside of her self; becoming angry

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark: Her anger is reaching its highest point, and it's keeping her from me quiet and calm about it.

Finally, I can see you crystal clear; Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare: She means that she can finally see him for who he really is and that he can go ahead and hurt her, but she will have her revenge.

See how I'll leave with every piece of you: Watch how she'll end up with every bit of happiness you had

Don't underestimate the things that I will do: Don't take her for granted and think that she won't get you back.

The scars of your love remind me of us: The memories of the relationship remind her of what used to be.

They keep me thinking that we almost had it all: The memories keep her thinking that she and the other person could have had the ideal relationship.

The scars of your love, they leave me breathless: The memories of what used to be leave her "breathless", meaning it's overwhelming for her.

We could have had it all: It could have been perfect.

Rolling in the deep: Experiencing the worst

You had my heart inside of your hand: You surely had my affection.

And you played it to the beat: You used me and my feelings to your best ability.

Baby, I have no story to be told: I have no excuses or explanations to give.

But I've heard one of you, and I'm gonna make your head burn: I know some information about you, and you'll pay for it.

Think of me in the depths of your despair: Remember that I'm the one who put you in this miserable state of mind.

Make a home down there, as mine sure won't be shared: (Metaphor) Return to hell, because my home in heaven won't be shared with you.

(From this point on, the chorus repeats twice, I believe, so it repeats some lines)

Throw your soul into every open door: (Another metaphor) Put yourself through downward spirals.

Count your blessings to find what you look for: Hope and pray that you find safety in whatever you're searching for

Turn my sorrow in treasured gold: I'll turn my sadness into priceless joy

You'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sewn: I'll will forgive just as soon as you go through as much pain I did when you inflicted the hurt on me.

(Same lines repeat.)

• emmey

Adele wrote it while she and her boyfriend broke up so she's very mad and started writing approximately it. e.g "shall we've had all of it", "you're gonna prefer you under no circumstances had met me."

Adele wrote it when she and her boyfriend broke up so she's very mad and started writing about it.

e.g "We could have had it all", "You're gonna wish you never had met me."

IM LISTENING TO THIS RIGHT NOW!! its about the girl is like telling the boy to impress her