Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How much does a puppy from petland cost?

I want to get a english cream from petland in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. But i have no idea how much they cost. Does anyone know?? Or..if there is a possible breeder around the area...please contact me!

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Monetary cost? Too much

Moral cost? It's parents submitted to a life of forced breeding until death.

Petland buys puppies from puppy mills. WHy would you want to support that?

• 1 decade ago

Please do not ever buy a puppy from a pet store. Those puppies come from puppy mills, even though the store will tell you they dont. If nobody buys them, then the puppy mills will not make enough money and they will stop breeding puppies for the pet stores. It really is that simple. Absolutely NO reputable breeder sells puppies through a pet store. Or on kijiji or craigs list. They care about their dogs and puppies and want them to have a good chance in life. Puppy mills are all about money, and they breed anything, even if it has serious flaws and genetic defects. Their health is always in question, as well. So I think you will save yourself a lot of money and heartache if you take the time to find a good breeder to get your puppy from, or consider adopting an adult dog. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

please, do yourself a favor and go to google.com then click on Image, now type in the words "petland puppymill"

petland has a very bad history of overcharging for mutts and creating fake papers and vaccination records. most of the pets they sell there are lost shortly after due to illness.

never buy pets from a pet store. check into your local rescues. if you don't know where to start, then go to petfinder.com and search your zipcode for local adoptable pets. most rescues will put up pictures of the pups/dogs they have and you can search by breed, gender or size and narrow it down.

OR if you want to go the purebred route (be careful, there are a LOT of scam artists that will try to rip you off like petland) i would start by going to the AKC website and look for reputable breeders.

BTW, you can also find purebred dog's in a rescue shelter, however they will not have papers (which doesn't matter unless you plan to show your dog) a lot of people get rid of the dog's once they realize they have to actually work to train them.

best of luck

Source(s): Kennel Worker
  • anne b
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My friend's children bought two puppies from Petland. One has horrific luxating patellas, diagnosed at 6 months, and the other one has horrific allergies that cause hair loss and suffering from constant itching. Both pups are just over a year old, and both are already suffering from puppy mill breeding.

There is no such thing as an "English cream". That is a term used by scammers to part you from your hard-earned money.

I recommend you find yourself a good breeder instead, and save yourself all the future heartache.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Google Petland to learn about their unethical practices and the lawsuits against them.

Below is a link to a statement from a former Petland employee.

http://www.thevoicefordogs.org/Petland/petland2.sh...

• 1 decade ago

English cream isn't a breed DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T BUY FROM PETLAND!!!!

Go to a shelter/SPCA or take a quiz that tells u wit dog breed is good foru. Then go to that breeds parent club from the akc and search breeders.

DONT buy from petland. Just DON'T.

• 1 decade ago

Pet stores sell puppy mill puppies. They are usually ill bred, sick animals. They will also cost much more than the sales price. Because they are sick, the vet bills will be astronomical.

Find a breeder and do your research.

Source(s): Retired CVT
  • 1 decade ago

agreed with everyone else... the puppy you will purchase has parents that are under horrendous living conditions and are forced to breed over and over again until they can no longer, once they're at that point they are killed. if i were you i would never support such a terrible thing.... go to a shelter!

• 1 decade ago

Don't buy from petstore! Look up puppy farms & you'll know why. Rescue a dogs life from the pound ? :)

• Pain and suffering for the mother in the puppy mill...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.