Why are some Salvadorians lighter than the more browner salvadorians?

Okay So ik two types of people from salvador. The first one is like a native american or "Mexican" type skin tone. The second is a light version as if they were almost consider white but ik their Spanish. Why is this? I heard it was because the northern part of salvador is distinctively the "spanish" part or the part that was from spain the remained virtual spanish. please help me clarify. :D?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How come there are no actual white people on this planet, Spanish people are not white and neither are the British. They are actually pinkish pale colored, due to their albino origin. The people of Spain have dark hair and darker skin, because they are part of African do to their conquest by the Black Moors. Yes, and Blacks are not actually Black either.

• 10 years ago

The person above is dumb! First the reason why people say they are meztizo is because they don't want any bad treatment. In the 1930's there was a massacre of indigenous people and right after the indigenous people started adopt the spanish culture. Most black americans are mixed, why don't we call them mullatto or mixed people? And yes there are black people in El Salvador but I think because of the racist laws in the past people stopped claiming black.

• 10 years ago

due to ethnic mixing over the centuries. Every family has it's own background and history.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.