My ex won't take his stuff and is harassing me?

We split up close to a year ago. He left a lot of things at my place and only asked to take stuff he wanted at the time. Well I found out I need to move and could only give him about a weeks notice that I needed him to get the rest of his things (furniture included) and he seemed fine with it.

He showed up on Saturday and took his personal belongings and boxes and then said he didn't have room (he had a truck and there weren't much for boxes at all). That night I got in a car accident and I couldn't get back to my house for him to get his things. He got mad and said he wanted to torch the stuff. So today I asked if it would be easier if I just took care of the furniture and he said no why would I want that. Then he continued angrily telling me it's my fault because I wouldn't allow him to go in the house without me there.

What do I do now? He hasn't proposed any other ways to deal with it.

Manipulate him how? Because I can't have his stuff here anymore? Or because I had a car accident and couldn't come back when it was convenient for him even though he was supposed to be there to pick it up Saturday?

Can't lose contact with him. We have a 2 year old son together. I've been nice to him about all of this he has no right to talk to me this way.

Thanks everyone. I assume he isn't allowed in my place. He won't give my key back.

He's paying court ordered child support and has visitation one night every second week with his parents.

• Sue C
    Favorite Answer

I'd simply inform him you must move, therefore something has to be done with the rest of his things. He either come back & get as much as he can, OR rent a UHaul & get ALL the rest of his things or you have NO choice but to dispose of them anyway you see fit. No, he's had plenty of time to remove them within a whole yr., you were even kind enuf to allow him to "store" them for that length of time. Surely you didn't ask to have a car accident! You've been more than fair to him all this time, he has no rite to even speak to you in the manner he's doing! And too, NO he has no rite to enter your home without you there. Give him those two choices, OR you're going to remove them yourself. Fair is fair, you've been more than that for him. It's either now or never. Say what you mean, mean what you say & don't accept the unacceptable from him...best to you...:)

Don't worry about it. If he already knows than he knows. If the landlady needs everything out, then get somebody to help you do away with it. Or keep it if you want it and he doesn't know where you will live. Seriously it's his problem. Sorry you have to deal with a loser.

• John P

I would just pile his belongings one room, move out and leave it there, the landlord will take care of it.

Is he paying child support, if not he should and you won't contact with him.

• Kaia

Have someone move his stuff into a storage room. Pay one month rent, send him the key and instructions on where it is...return receipt...certified. Then it's his problem.

Get his friends or brothers to come and get his stuff. Tell them he won't do it himself and you HAVE TO get rid of it.

AFter you move, don't contact him and don't give him new contact info.

stop dragging it out, it sounds like you are trying to manipulate him

he has already had a year to come get his stuff!!! give it to the poor!!!