Was Jesus American...?

ecause the Bible is written in American and all that...but then we learned in History class that the Indians came in America first so why don't we have Hindu scriptures?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Kste
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus was a Jew.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Jesus Was American

• 5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw5zM

I agree with you that we shouldn't worship images--so for that reason I prefer not to think of Jesus as any particular color, just as a man. It doesn't matter what the color of Jesus's skin was, just like it doesn't matter what the color of any other person's skin is. I think Jesus is portrayed as white in American culture because the majority of people in the country happen to be white. I know that nowadays everyone is really toucy about race, but think about maybe 50 years ago, when white people were thought to be the best in America. They controlled most things that went on in the country, and other races were oppressed--it's not wonder that back then Jesus was shown as being white. The image has stuck with us to this day, and it wouldn't be worth it to change it now. I believe (and hope) that when most people see a picture of Jesus, they won't be focused on the fact that he is shown as being white, but that they can just see him for the grand person he was and the God that is watching out for us today.

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

American Indians were falsely considered to be of India , but now we know better . But God , Jesus' Father is an American with blue eyes . Read Gen. 49:22-26 , Mal. 3&4 , Mat. 22:41-46 , 19:17 , 17:11 , John 1:21 , and Isaiah 18,29,&52 about the land shadowing with wings ( The Americas ) .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Was Jesus American...?

ecause the Bible is written in American and all that...but then we learned in History class that the Indians came in America first so why don't we have Hindu scriptures?

Source(s): jesus american: https://biturl.im/Qr5Zh
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Americans come in all colors and races. European Christians imagined Jesus as a white man, and forced peoples around the world to accept this image of Jesus. I believe Jesus was a brown-skinned Middle-Easterner. He may have been black, or part-black. Jesus has invited all peoples of the world to follow him. I see nothing wrong with a person anywhere in the world imagining Jesus as looking like one of them, as long as they allow other peoples this same right. You might be interested in the Christmas song "Some Children See Him" and in the short story "The Boy Who Painted Christ Black".

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Jesus wasn't American, but he did have a winter home in the Bahamas. He and Pocahontas would read the Vedas together, to the founding fathers, who were martian. This was the begging of the Jefferson Starship, that would discover the long lost art of math, and teach us all to love again... because we forgot the Alamo,

Seriously. Heavy. Stuff

• 10 years ago

The Bible is not written in American because 'American' is not a language.

The books of the Bible were originally written in several languages - Hebrew & Chaldean for the Old Testament and Greek for the New Testament. They were originally written as separate letters and were later canonized (or compiled into a book) by the Church many years after Christ's death.

This canonized form is what we now know as today's Bible and has been translated into almost every language in the world.

BTW, there is no 'official' Hebrew bible because as you should know, the Jews don't recognize Jesus as the their Messiah and to this day believe they are still waiting for him. The only official Jewish manuscripts are the Torah (the first five books of the OT), and the Septuagint, which is basically the Old Testament.

• 6 years ago

No way Jose! jesus was Portuguese and he was a suporter of the Beleneneses Football team (it has the Christ cross as their symbol)! Everybody knows it! Bethlehem is a neighbourhood in Lisbon, which is the capital city.

The word of Jesus Christ and the Catholic religion was spread to the world in the Portuguese ships that discovered the world. They had the Christ crosses on their sails.

• Stuart
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

When Jesus was in the Taj Mahal with Ghandi and Sitting Bull, they decided that the bible and most drive thru sign menus would be in English, regardless of the fact that Buckingham Palace had not approved of this.

That's the entire story, including all of the subtext and a large order of fries.

- Stuart

• 10 years ago

no jesus was not american. He was either Jewish or Muslim because of where he was born. And also he wouldn't be white. They only people over there at that time were either black or Arabian.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.