Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesPhiladelphia · 10 years ago

HELP!?!? wyomissing pennsylvania?

im doing a biography on taylor swift. my beginning sentence is " From being a small town country girl to the bright lights of showbiz...". she was born and spent her early years in wyomissing pennsylvania. but does it make sense that she was a counrty girl there? should she be considered as a country girl if she is from there?? :(

4 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Wyomissing is one of the better-to-do suburbs of Reading, PA, which is in Bertks county Pa , and the county has a population of about 400,000., and is just over an hour from the greater Philadelphia area

While not exactly big city usa, it isn't exactly in the middle of the Ozarks,

From Wyomising, you are 1 1/4 hours from Phila, 2 hrs from Baltimore and 3 hrs from New York.

"Small town" may be stretching it, but " country"? No way.

• 10 years ago

Well since the Census Bureau now considers Wyomissing a suburb of Philadelphia, I hardly see how. And since it has a thriving business community and is home to corporate headquarters of some companies, it is hardly country.

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

The state of PA is often described as "Philadelphia and Pittsburgh - with Alabama in between". Two centers of education and culture - with redneck farmers (and Amish) in the rest of the state.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I think it makes sense i wouldnt change it!! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.